Thanks to wow I now have a prison penpal, or maybe I was trolled

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Just had one of the most absurd interactions in my life and I do not think it was a troll.

So logged into retail wow earlier, no idea why now but when I did some random guy who I ran past messaged me telling me I need to spread the word about a prison riot thats going on in Georgia atm and links an article about it. I figure this is some bad troll job I ask him wtf is he talking about and why is he messaging people about this in wow. He responds by saying he is in the prison, and is playing wow on a laptop he has in his cell.

At this point Im thinking this is a really bad troll job but being bored I go along with it. He starts telling me details about himself, why hes in prison etc. Eventually though I ask him to give me his discord and to send me some manner of proof he is indeed a inmate in prison right this second. He gives me his discord and I add him. Right away he sends me a few photos of what is supposedly him. The person in the photos is clearly in a prison cell and look like a stereotypical prisoner, fully blasted head to toe with gang tattoos, pictures of him having been stabbed and getting stitched up in his cell. All very authentic looking pics. Even did a reverse image search on them and nothing came back.

Those pictures and based off how the guy is talking I think okay maybe theres a slight chance this dude isnt some weird troll. So I ask him to write down my character name + "foh" on something in his cell and take a picture of it. Character name is something fairly unique not at all remotely common, and he does mostly. I get a picture of my character name sans "foh" written on a toilet seat. The only iffy part is the picture is literally nothing but the toilet seat, you cant tell the toilet is in a prison cell.

Anyways, heres the screenshots of the convo and the "proof"

wow convo;

1649154573666.png

1649154680538.png

1649154833216.png

my character name;
1649154910329.png

character name written on a toilet seat;
1649155587848.png

tldr; guy in prison randomly messages me in wow telling me I need to alert the internet to an ongoing riot. I demand proof of him being in prison and he seemingly provides it.

Entirely possible this is some hilarious troll, but I dont think so.

• 3Wow!
  • 2Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 6 users

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
Ask him to post here if he has a laptop. One of my closest friends growing up is doing 6.5 years in a federal slammer. He gets nothing as far as devices and it’s a community style housing. He emails me randomly to ask what’s new in the gaming world.

Brad2770

You have 14 Days. If after that time the Prison is not properly tuned, I am deleting my characters, and cancelling all of my accounts. The rest of my guild will follow suit, as will several other guilds and people that play WoW.

To be brief, I did not work my ass off, jumping through your idiotic hoops with my cell mates and guildmates, so I could go to a zone where only groups of 18 could enjoy the content. EVEN if past these initial moronic events I can finally get my entire guild in to raid with me, FUCK YOU GUYS. Seriously, FUCK YOU.

I cannot believe this... right now I'm just so pissed off. I am sitting here in the Cell, and 3/4 of my guild is just sitting around while a group of 18 is repeatedly trying to beat one of the mini ring encounters. Don't you people have ANY FUCKING DECENCY? WHY DON'T YOU STOP DELOUSING AND START ISSUING ORDERS?

The tragic irony of creating the ultimate cockblock encounter in the form of the Rathe which requires 80 people to defeat and then to limit encounters in the Riots to 18.

14 Days.... after that this site will change from the most popular WoW fan site on the internet to the most popular Prison fan site on the internet. I'm done playing ball with you useless fuckers... it's my turn.

• 15Worf
  • 4Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 19 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Doesn’t look like a prison pooper to me. I worked somewhere that made those and they were all one solid metal piece, no lid. The one he sent you looks like a close up of one at home. One that could easily be broke and made into weapons.

Keep it going though, could bring some lulz

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This happened to me when I did a nickel in Rikers. I was able to get better photos for my M+ group though so they were able to help me end it.

Here's a photo from the Riot.

LAN-Center.jpg

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can’t wait for the update thread “I was just visited by the FBI because some middle schooler in Atlanta wrote my character’s name on their dad’s toilet seat.”

• 9Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 10 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
This is like actually believing anything folger ever posts.

Duck Dynasty Smh GIF by DefyTV

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
You fell for that?

Prison shitters don't have lids. They are also all a dull metal and not white. He should have taken a pic of the bars facing out if he wanted you to believe him.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Prison shitters don't have lids. They are also all a dull metal and not white. He should have taken a pic of the bars facing out if he wanted you to believe him.
Ill try and follow up with him. Though in the few other pics he sent me theres clearly a normalish white toilet in a cell.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What's the objective if this is likely a troll? An unnoticed troll is a sad troll. You should ask him what his streaming username is.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Don't forget to share their promo code for 15% off their onlyfans

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
While this is 100% fake, you should continue the facade and see what gems he sends