The 70's kid thread

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
We might not have had as much cool shit as all you youngin's did growing up but we still have a few things to recall fondly...

Doug-Henning.jpg

billcos.jpg

Slim-Goodbody.jpeg

toughskin_jeans_650x300_a01.jpg

six-million-dollar-man-banner.jpg

13834881403november2013background-700x468.jpg

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Very few things I remember from the 70s, but these are a few.

rrr_img_68632.jpg
rrr_img_68633.jpg

Chesire_sl

shitlord
Movies 15 cents and bored airmen , who did not give a fuck how old you were . We saw Jaws, 4 times in a row .

savage sword of conan comic books 1 dollar each , great scanty clad women drawings in em.

the post thrift shop and the army - navy store downtown , we had tons of cool shit to play army with.

You could find real silver coins in your change , and if you were smart. Well lets just say the very rarely used half dollar rolls were fun to open up.

Living in europe , fireworks , alcohol , tobacco were all sold to anyone who was at least 10 years old. Spain was quite the place to live in the seventies.

Pinball machines still gave you five balls for a quarter.

I wouldn't trade those years of childhood goodness for any other decade.

Keep it simple , don't trust anyone under 40
tongue.png

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I couldn't even begin to count the numbers of hours of my youth that were spent with these at my side:

il_fullxfull.213634426.jpg

10697580_1.jpg

My orange AMF Roadmaster bike and a Daisy BB gun. These were the tools of every boy over the age of 10 in my neighborhood. With these you could roam the area raining copper-clad destruction down on every discarded tin can, soda bottle, or bird foolish enough to stay perched on a branch for more than a couple of minutes. I still had my weak, single action BB gun when most of the other guys were using more powerful pump-up pellet guns. I bent the barrel on it beating a rat to death in the garden after a shot just sorta bounced off of it, then my parents got me and my brother a pair of Crossman 766 air rifles:

10125_20091102182057_1.jpg