The Accountant (2016)

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Accountant

Tagline: Calculate your choices.

Genre: Crime, Thriller, Drama

Director: Gavin O'Connor

Cast: Ben Affleck, Anna Kendrick, J.K. Simmons, Jon Bernthal, Jeffrey Tambor, John Lithgow, Jean Smart, Cynthia Addai-Robinson, Andy Umberger, Alison Wright, Daeg Faerch, Inder Kumar, Michael Beasley, Seth Lee

Release: 2016-10-14

Runtime: 128

Plot: As a math savant uncooks the books for a new client, the Treasury Department closes in on his activities and the body count starts to rise.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
[CONTAINER][POSTER]View attachment 92829[/POSTER][MOVIE]Title: The Accountant (2016)

Genre: [GENRE]Crime[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Gavin O'Connor[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Anna Kendrick[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ben Affleck[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]J.K. Simmons[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jeffrey Tambor[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John Lithgow[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jon Bernthal[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Cynthia Addai-Robinson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Daeg Faerch[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Alison Wright[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Inder Kumar[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michael Beasley[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Slim Khezri[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2016-10-14[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]128[/RUNTIME]

Plot: As a math savant uncooks the books for a new client, the Treasury Department closes in on his activities and the body count starts to rise.[/MOVIE][/CONTAINER]

This looks like it could be a surprisingly good smart action movie. Plus, I kind of like Ben Affleck in these types of roles (The Town, Argo).

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
afhAUuWVB7k7PjJUd4lwO3rzhSq.jpg

Title: The Accountant

Genre: Crime, Thriller, Drama

Director: Gavin O'Connor

Cast: Ben Affleck, Anna Kendrick, J.K. Simmons, Jon Bernthal, Jeffrey Tambor, John Lithgow, Jean Smart, Cynthia Addai-Robinson, Andy Umberger, Alison Wright, Daeg Faerch, Inder Kumar, Michael Beasley, Seth Lee

Release: 2016-10-14

Runtime: 128

Plot: As a math savant uncooks the books for a new client, the Treasury Department closes in on his activities and the body count starts to rise.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Looking forward to this. Affleck gets a lot of shit, but The Town and Argo were definitely awesome.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Did anyone see this yet? Might go to the movies today and I'm trying to pick between this and the Magnificent Seven.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
i would choose accountant, since Mag7 is just another rehash thats been done better.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Hmm, not sure how to rate this. He is an autist accountant, he shoots some people, and the government is trying to ID him. Couple of laughs due to how he interacts with some people. Action was pretty limited but good in itself. Government sideplot.. meh. This probably could have been a really decent 5-6 part miniseries with him doing his thing 2-3 times and having the government as an overarching plot.

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
I liked it. It wasn't great but it was interesting for sure. Ben was good and the action parts were done well. I'm kind of glad they didn't have as much government b.s. It's not Jason Bourne.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
It's Rain Wick!

Conceptually, it's pretty unique - the after-school-special action movie. But like most hybrids, I don't see it making either camp happy. There's really only three sequences for the action crowd, and the special interest crowd won't get this to major profitability. It'll probably just end up the weird footnote to everyone's career that people imdb a lot.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I saw this tonight and I liked it. I liked it for the overall story, even if it didn't serve much of a purpose for being made. I just enjoyed it for what it was. I kept wanting to say "Go Batman!" every time Affleck does some bad ass shit. He plays a great asshole at certain parts.

I'm also surprised Anna Kendrick took top billing for the description in the 1st post.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It's just strange. She's in the movie, but I wouldn't say she's even the 2nd largest character there.

Her scenes are few and far between. I'm going to be vague as not to spoil it for anyone that hasn't seen this.

Introduction (30 min into the movie), Lunch (about 10 min later), Discovery, Rescue/Trailer (same long scene), Painting. That's it. She has MAYBE 35 minutes of air time the entire movie. Sure, she's referenced a few times in between that, but she's hardly a big part. I'm pretty sure J.K. Simmons or even the black chick was in there more.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I told my friend about this. He's an accountant as well that handles auditing Fortune 100 companies. He laughed at this guys ability to find out exactly what happened after 1 night of looking at the paperwork. My friend goes in with a team of 6-7 people and they spend 2-3 months combing over EVERYTHING for a single years finances. And he goes back to every company every year to redo their internal audits. It's a great way for the boss to see exactly where a company is losing money as opposed to guessing. His work is an exact.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I enjoyed it. Saw it this afternoon. I will echo that it wasn't great and it wasn't terrible. Just kind of good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Below avg action film. John Wick w/ downs it is not, more like Ben Affleck with downs

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database