The Al`kabor Project (EQMac) - PoP 1/5

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I have to ask... can we import our Al'Kabor characters if we had (I forget his name) export them before the Live Mac server was yanked?
I'm not sure if the TAK team will be able to do that, I'm not in charge of managing the server there. Cavedude and I were working on the code. Wouldn't hurt to post on the forums.

Other update: Finally fixed a loop-around issue on the packet sequence numbers. Before, when you hit 65535 (max unsigned short) in packet sequence, it would disconnect/desync/otherwise cause problems for you. Now that's fixed, and the connection goes back around as it should to 1 in the sequence when it hits 65535. Hoping to get this pushed out for testing. Should fix the random LDs from idling.

ACK sequence fixes. Should now persist if it rolls over past 65535. · 22ad230 · cavedude00/Server · GitHub

Aleatha

Silver Knight of the Realm
Why would you even want to do that? You would immediately end up with a very top heavy server if we are talking about importing lvls/aa/gear.

Glassonion_sl

shitlord
I have to ask... can we import our Al'Kabor characters if we had (I forget his name) export them before the Live Mac server was yanked?
They will be opening the expansions progression style, so really no hope for this until post PoP elementals, if at all.

Uzi_sl

shitlord
Used abacabs pack, can log in but theres no server listed on server select and takproject is showing the server is up with 11 people online, what am I doing wrong?

edit : doesnt matter just hit play and got in

Abacab

Golden Knight of the Realm
Used abacabs pack, can log in but theres no server listed on server select and takproject is showing the server is up with 11 people online, what am I doing wrong?

edit : doesnt matter just hit play and got in
Yeah, server doesn't show on the list sometimes on the PC client, all you have to do really is press enter as the server is already highlighted (even though you can't see the name)

Siliconemelons

alkabor looks to be starting up like big xz and p99 did

"- Openly debating or researching who GM play toons are as well as disclosing to the public if you know.
- Bugging a GM on a play toon for GM related activities. Use bug and petition or post on the forums as anyone would.
- Asking a GM to use their GM on raids in any form. (related to first note) Including if a GM is in your guild and you mention the GM should check for a spawn or anything else.
"
part of outing GMs play toons and their dubious morals was a good thing in the end on p99...not a "instaban" the players trying to help the community... it always, always comes down to... shouldn't be a GM and an active "high end" player.

well on that note... I got a mac pro just sitting here at work...suppose it could get some use!

Abacab

2 busy busting open my girls vagina to play on a server with 2 people u feels
I give it three months and she'll be pregnant, and you'll be forum questing again in no time; cause pals like us don't got time to deal with woman issues.

Relationships are fleeting, but fungi tunics are forever

Lenas

Trump's Staff
part of outing GMs play toons and their dubious morals was a good thing in the end on p99...not a "instaban" the players trying to help the community... it always, always comes down to... shouldn't be a GM and an active "high end" player.
GM's are allowed to play the game that they're running, and they shouldn't have to deal with bs from the general population all the time. The guys running TAKP have given no reason at all to think that they'd abuse the power they have. They just seem like a small group that loved what AK was, and they have the ability to bring it back.

Rellapse_sl

shitlord
I give it three months and she'll be pregnant, and you'll be forum questing again in no time; cause pals like us don't got time to deal with woman issues.

Relationships are fleeting, but fungi tunics are forever
Relationships are fleeting, but fungi tunics are forever....... fucking chortled

Abacab

Relationships are fleeting, but fungi tunics are forever....... fucking chortled
It's tru dawg, I can't even remember my Mom's birthday or put a face to a name with the first girl I fucked; but I could be like 75 years old and still know how to get to King camp and break that son of a bitch.

4 lyfe.

Virus_sl

shitlord
It's tru dawg, I can't even remember my Mom's birthday or put a face to a name with the first girl I fucked; but I could be like 75 years old and still know how to get to King camp and break that son of a bitch.

4 lyfe.
Goddamn that's the most pro shit I've ever heard in eq

Word

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I wanted to check the server out this weekend, so I went looking for it on the EqEmulator server list (PEQ, Project 1999, EZ Server, etc.). To my surprise, it wasn't listed.

Went over the to the TAKP forums, and saw this:

What clients can play on this server?
The OSX client from the official Al`Kabor will work from launch. However there will certainly be bugs during the alpha and beta phases. The PPC OSX client support is on pause but will hopefully be supported eventually. But no promises there yet as well have been working hard on the primary client support and server stability. Windows clients are only supported with eqmule's current patch. No standard/unmodified PC clients will be supported at this time.
That's it. That's all they tell you how to play on their server coming from a PC. I have no idea what EQMule is, so after some google searches I found this link:Patch - OFFICIAL EQMac-Windows-eqmules-Edition-standalone-v2.1

After going through that thread it appears that the standard titanium client does not work, and that you need to download the latest EQMac Live files, which it gives you a link to. Surprise, the link is dead since EQMac is no longer.

Why they can't give you a step by step guide to get it set up on the PC is besides me. I also saw this frustration reiterated on their forms as well.

Back to farming inflated pixels on blue 99 for me.