The Al`kabor Project (EQMac) - PoP 1/5

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I've been tempted to download and play on Agnarr again but I think I'll roll a two toons on this tonight instead.

i'm pretty low on banked twink gear right now, but i'd hook you up with some plat for spells/bazaar gear if you want.

I took a look at this before rolling on Agnarr a week ago, but the population seemed pretty tiny especially while leveling.

i started playing really early on so can't comment firsthand on how hard it would be to start playing now. the entire population is super generous, tho, newbies get showered in free gear/plat/buffs.

seen two or three newer players levelling up EST evenings recently. my guild <Azure Guard> has been transitioning here from P99, and we still get a straggler or two starting up on TAKP every week. and lots of other older players offer to log on alts when they see noobs around.

honestly gonna be rough if you want to single box tho, probably. but you can three box here.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
TAKP devs (full disclaimer: I work there) have just released a new PC client that is a substantial upgrade over previous releases. All PC client users are encouraged to upgrade to this new client. You can keep your hotkeys and UI settings by copying your ini files over. If you tried our server previously and quit over the client, then you might want to give this new one a try.

Many of these additions were released separately, but we've bundled them together so users don't need to worry about downloading extra files. Some of these are newly available additions however so even those who've been downloading improvements piecemeal will benefit.

Feature list:

• The mouse cursor is no longer bound to the game window. (credit to Secrets on this amazing work)
  • EQW functionality has been merged into eqgame.exe, eliminating the need to run eqw.exe.
  • Desktop gamma changes no longer crash the game.
  • Alt-tab key sticking issue eliminated or at least greatly reduced.
  • Volume adjusted on the environmental sound files which were way too loud previously due to this client not having a volume slider for these.
  • Beastlord MGB AA implemented in the UI.
  • The missing sun and moon put back in. (Sony apparently broke it in our era)
  • Seven custom UIs included.
  • Luclin MP3 music included in the zip archive, but not the installer due to space limits in the installer software. These are easily copied over, or deleted.
  • Functional MP3 player window (remember that?)

Note that if you're using a very old PC client, this one has the previously released v1 client additions such as full screen mode, a built-in FPS limiter, a CPU usage throttler and automatically renamed client windows. These were major upgrades over the PC client used on Al'Kabor.

Credit to Haynar, Secrets and Robregen for putting together a great client. Titanium looks much less appealing now.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
EQ000024.png

lots of 2HS end up rotting in NToV, so paladin epic isn't worth the time spent from a min/max perspective, but flaming swords sure are sexy.

that's just The Fiery Avenger, tho, still gotta finish the pieces for Fiery Defender, the true pally epic.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I did! I just didn't end up playing at all because I picked up Darkest Dungeon and got sucked into that. I swear i'll be on sooner or later.
Word, what did you end up making? I'll stash some gear away for when you do get a chance.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Started levelling a couple new toons. They're in the teens right now, but if anyone wanted to start up here I would PL you up to their level with my druid. :). And I would think you out a bit.

Levelling is going pretty quick with the druid around for thorns and regen.

Luclin opens in July 25th!

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Can I play this on PC?
Yeah, I've only played on PC and have very few issues with the client, only one I can think of is that I can't use an autoclicker to level casting skills.

Bummer Luclin is launching in summer but hopefully I'll be able to catch up on the fall.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, I've only played on PC and have very few issues with the client, only one I can think of is that I can't use an autoclicker to level casting skills.

Bummer Luclin is launching in summer but hopefully I'll be able to catch up on the fall.
Awesome. Is there a way I can find a tutorial how to make it playable on PC?

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Do groups exist on this server or am I in for a hard time? Bored to shit with most games and just want something to play on the side that doesn't require my attention 24/7.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Groups are somewhat hard to come by here, and are not always available-- particularly at the low to mid levels. Grouping would require your constant attention however, so if you want the freedom to AFK, then you'd probably prefer to box.

Just a FYI for new people: Luclin launches in a month, and after that point, you'll be able to get high level buffs on any level character without needing to ask for them when people start Mass Group Buffing in Plane of Knowledge. You can either hold off for this, or start now and enjoy a less twinked experience before the ez-mode option becomes available.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Cool, thanks for the reply. Managed to convince two friends to play so we have a little group of SK/SHM/NEC. Not sure how frequently we will play, but server looks/runs great and definitely gave us nostalgia playing last night.

Getting 2 shot by a skeleton with a rusty halberd was amazing.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Cool, thanks for the reply. Managed to convince two friends to play so we have a little group of SK/SHM/NEC. Not sure how frequently we will play, but server looks/runs great and definitely gave us nostalgia playing last night.

Getting 2 shot by a skeleton with a rusty halberd was amazing.

What's your name? I'll toss you some plat.