The Al`kabor Project (EQMac) - PoP 1/5

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
It's seriously an incredible paladin solo strategy that I have never seen anyone else use. Access to root on a melee class is OP. I guess Ranger would do it okay too, but a huge part of it is the big beefy paladin heals. Piddly ranger heals require too much spamming, wouldn't have enough time to meditate.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I had to solo a lot, and this was in classic not kunark, and I know about what you are talking about but I found going after undead and spamming ward undead (or higher when I got higher) inbetween swings to burn a mob down was more efficient (especially untwinked like I was). It was also make the active part of the fight much quicker, then I could sit down and go afk a bit while I med back up.

Groups were always better. Did you play after they fixed the atrocious hit rates in paladin/SK? In classic we'd miss far far more than we'd land hits. By classic I mean the early days of p99 before kunark.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I had to solo a lot, and this was in classic not kunark, and I know about what you are talking about but I found going after undead and spamming ward undead (or higher when I got higher) inbetween swings to burn a mob down was more efficient (especially untwinked like I was). It was also make the active part of the fight much quicker, then I could sit down and go afk a bit while I med back up.

Groups were always better. Did you play after they fixed the atrocious hit rates in paladin/SK? In classic we'd miss far far more than we'd land hits. By classic I mean the early days of p99 before kunark.

If you're talking about doing it back in 99/00, idk if you could effectively med dance with agro on any class unless you had top 1% of PCs and internet connections, so yeah that's probably why no one really does the strat on P99.... All the powergamers that would have figured out a solo strat like that stayed away from paladin, it took a crazy bastard like myself to try to solo to Max on Red before anyone was gonna figure it out maybe lol

And also I was 13 years old with 1.5 hours of internet time allowance per day in 1999/2000, so I didn't have a chance to even try soloing a paladin til much later.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, I've already done what I consider the optimal trio and it worked really well. I don't want to do that again though, so I was really just looking for interesting ideas other people had that I hadn't tried yet.

I agree on the two melee placement making rogue a not great choice for the dps slot. Doing it a few times is one thing, but hours of grinding while manipulating two melees (and switching back and forth to click special attacks non stop) is tedius.

I was thinking of getting creative like 3 necros or 2 enchanters and a cleric or something. Just looking for suggestions of something that's fun and different but still effective.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I actually have done a bit of PAL / SHM / ROG, and with the right Social manipulation it gets pretty easy as long as you're pulling and not crawling. PAL pulls with 2-3 stuns to keep agro, ROG is positioned so PAL pulls THROUGH ROG and ROG ends up facing the mob's back. /Doability 1 /pause 30 x5 lines in your social or whatever, and usually you just have to switch to ROG once or twice per mob.

Ends up less APM than most caster boxes when you're pulling. Crawls suuuuuuck tho.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I've already done what I consider the optimal trio and it worked really well. I don't want to do that again though, so I was really just looking for interesting ideas other people had that I hadn't tried yet.

I agree on the two melee placement making rogue a not great choice for the dps slot. Doing it a few times is one thing, but hours of grinding while manipulating two melees (and switching back and forth to click special attacks non stop) is tedius.

I was thinking of getting creative like 3 necros or 2 enchanters and a cleric or something. Just looking for suggestions of something that's fun and different but still effective.

enc/mag/cleric. Full on charm dps + mag pet.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
If you want to get silly and creative, go ENC / NEC / DRU and focus on zones where all three toons can charm lol

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you want to get silly and creative, go ENC / NEC / DRU and focus on zones where all three toons can charm lol

Haha that does sound fun- dunno how many zones a necro and druid could easily both charm tho. Plus handling three charmed pets seems like a nightmare.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
enc/mag/cleric. Full on charm dps + mag pet.

Yeah but honestly the charm DPS is best when you charm backstabbing mobs and you need a melee to position the mob and hold aggro. That was essentially my optimal trio- enc, sham, pally:

Pally with pulls, lull, buffs, backup heals, minor dps
Sham with slows, buffs, heals
Chanter with haste, clarity, and primary DPS with a charmed backstabber.

They went through normal group content like a hot knife through butter

Edit- oh add stuns to pally and Tash to chanter

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Oh ya i know the mechanic, it's a good way to get torven to get you the fuck out of the server in a hurry though :p

Strange comment considering I have never banned, suspended or even kicked (who didn't request it) anybody in 5 years.

I used to time ticks and meditate while quad kiting on p99 because I lacked the mana pool to do it otherwise; also between cannibalizes. Nobody would consider this as any sort of exploit

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Ya my bad i was thinking about something else when i replied. Med jousting in a 3 box server is more effort than it’s worth.

• 1Worf

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Ya my bad i was thinking about something else when i replied. Med jousting in a 3 box server is more effort than it’s worth.

Yeah I only ever pulled it out on TAKP as a good last trick up my sleeve to save from a wipe, way more trouble than it's worth if you're not one boxing :)

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Feels good
IWOXp9D.png

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Feels good
IWOXp9D.png

need any stuff? haven't played in a year or two, been feeling the itch again lately so i'm not gonna give you my best stuff (in case i do start back up), but i'd reinstall and unload my B-tier stuff for Zaidebro :)

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
need any stuff? haven't played in a year or two, been feeling the itch again lately so i'm not gonna give you my best stuff (in case i do start back up), but i'd reinstall and unload my B-tier stuff for Zaidebro :)
Appreciate the offer bro but I am just doing stupid SSF HC runs of EQ these days.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Appreciate the offer bro but I am just doing stupid SSF HC runs of EQ these days.

you need a different game bro, at least go back and do SCC Final Fantasy Tactics runs or something if you need that nostalgia kick on top :p

• 1Like

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
PoP is now complete, except for some remaining AA work and Plane of Time B.

Not sure when it's going to launch but this is some exciting stuff.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users