The Al`kabor Project (EQMac) - PoP 1/5

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ok, clearly I am doing something wrong here. How do you box? I have created two different logins and two separate chars.

I can't seem to log more than 1 char in at a time without the other being booted or linkdead out. I am launching each with the EQW link on a PC. Am I missing something?
Figured out a workaround. I created a second EQ directory and launched the other toon from that account. Going with an Ench / Clr for now. Might add a Dru for a trio for snare, regen, ports, etc

Mascha

Trakanon Raider
Or just use one directory, but stay at server select and start the second process. Works for me.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I actually uninstalled after playing for a day when I really started to think about putting up with SoL xpac and AA grinding all over again.

Fired up an Enchanter on P99 instead.

It's a shame there couldn't be some world where we had Vanilla, Kunark, Velious, no SoL, and still have PoP for the raiders. Bottom line is, PoP is great fun for raiding but it is fucking boring as all fuck for grouping / casual play. By the time you are in PoP, the gear inflation makes all of the really fun previous expansions completely pointless. I do not want a game where PoP is the endgame and the greatness of Kunark / Velious is trivialized and made a ghost town.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I actually uninstalled after playing for a day when I really started to think about putting up with SoL xpac and AA grinding all over again.

Fired up an Enchanter on P99 instead.

It's a shame there couldn't be some world where we had Vanilla, Kunark, Velious, no SoL, and still have PoP for the raiders. Bottom line is, PoP is great fun for raiding but it is fucking boring as all fuck for grouping / casual play. By the time you are in PoP, the gear inflation makes all of the really fun previous expansions completely pointless. I do not want a game where PoP is the endgame and the greatness of Kunark / Velious is trivialized and made a ghost town.
idk Jysin -- P99's end game is so bloated. if you do really love Kunark and Velious, then i bet TAK is going to be a better place to experience it. no one perma-cockblocking epics so that they can sell multiquests. no groups permanently monopolizing good dungeon spots and excluding people that don't fit perfectly into the "perfect" group. and etc.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I'd gladly grind away on AAs over sitting logged out at 3am waiting for a dragon to spawn.

lindz

#DDs
So can enchanters charm with low cha or do they need obscene amounts to be able to charm?

Also curious what version of monk feign is in if anyone knows.

Chaosknight_sl

shitlord
Anyone else having a issue with mouselook? When I look left/right mouselook is very slow in 1st person perspective. Also is mousewheel scroll disabled in this client?

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Anyone else having a issue with mouselook? When I look left/right mouselook is very slow in 1st person perspective. Also is mousewheel scroll disabled in this client?
That is how this client rolls unfortunately. It was that way on EQ mac as well with the PC hack. Takes a week and you will forget about it if you use the middle ground 3rd person.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Torrid,

I should still have all my logs from The resistance/TSE/Temerity raids and group play, do you still need this or has it already been covered?

Vitality

HUSTLE
On p99 you need to drop the max FPS below 60 in the graphics settings (I set it to 59). This normalizes the horizontal mouse rate. Not sure if it works for this client or not.

Uzi_sl

shitlord
Is this still starting tonight at midnight pst? If i stay home for new years eve I might as well go full nerd and start a toon on a fresh server

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Is this still starting tonight at midnight pst? If i stay home for new years eve I might as well go full nerd and start a toon on a fresh server
good question

if it does open at midnight i'll probably stay home, lol.