The Al`kabor Project (EQMac) - PoP 1/5

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I made an account but have no clue how to get the client. I'm on PC and never played on the official mac server so I don't have the cracked files. Anyone know how to get them?
Redguides patch + EQ Titanium is the best way imho.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
It does. My pc sees it as a notepad file and when I open it there is computer unreadable symbols then words that say can only be run on Mac or something.

Aleatha

Silver Knight of the Realm
Is there an easy way to set this up along side my EQ titanium install for P1999? I tried installing it again then applying the redguides patch but it just wants to modify my existing install.

ansar

Trakanon Raider
I am trying to create an account on their forums, but I am freaking stupid today it seems. What is the answer to the secret question for creating an account?
smile.png

ansar

Trakanon Raider
Thanks Lenas. Well I can't find my Intel EQMac client now.
frown.png
I must have deleted it.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Some desync/linkdeath netcode fixes going out tonight. Now would be the time to try it out if you were put off by it before. Trying my best to resolve the issues that were going on, and pretty much made a decent breakthrough today on the issues.
Also, unrelated, some clientsided crashes when zoning were resolved by removing the EQUI_Guide_*.xml files from the 'EverQuest Mac/Resources/uifiles/default' folder.

The content folks at PEQ have been doing an awesome job with the database and combat formulas. I couldn't have done this alone, that's for sure. The work these guys are putting in on the content side while I tackle the network side is phenomenal.

Registration is pretty much open, and works similar to how EQEmulator does. Register on the forums, on the left, you should see a dropdown for loginserver account creation. Your EQEmulator login isn't the same and chances are I won't be able to get Rogean to add support for the Mac client to the main EQEmulator login. QM is the answer to the registration question (Quarm).

Huge thanks to Shards of Dalaya for their help resolving some of the netcode issues. They let me see their networking code which helped a lot in determining the issues. Helping them with 2.5 has its perks for everyone I suppose. Awesome bunch of people over there.

Oh, and here's a video:

Herv_sl

shitlord
I have to ask... can we import our Al'Kabor characters if we had (I forget his name) export them before the Live Mac server was yanked?