The Al`kabor Project (EQMac) - PoP 1/5

Abacab

Golden Knight of the Realm
I wanted to check the server out this weekend, so I went looking for it on the EqEmulator server list (PEQ, Project 1999, EZ Server, etc.). To my surprise, it wasn't listed.

Went over the to the TAKP forums, and saw this:

That's it. That's all they tell you how to play on their server coming from a PC. I have no idea what EQMule is, so after some google searches I found this link:Patch - OFFICIAL EQMac-Windows-eqmules-Edition-standalone-v2.1

After going through that thread it appears that the standard titanium client does not work, and that you need to download the latest EQMac Live files, which it gives you a link to. Surprise, the link is dead since EQMac is no longer.

Why they can't give you a step by step guide to get it set up on the PC is besides me. I also saw this frustration reiterated on their forms as well.

Back to farming inflated pixels on blue 99 for me.
Bro, I already posted everything you need to connect to the server...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Z...9wc1lHM2M/view

That download has the proper files, the correct eqhost.txt, all you need to do is register for an account on their forums and run EQW.EXE and boom you're in.

zebus_sl

shitlord
As someone who quit EQ after Velious, but wants to try this out, can someone explain the class meta for PoP (I'm assuming this is what expansion we'll be on), like what classes were needed for raids, who did what, etc. Looks like they took down the eqmac wiki so not much info on this time period of EQ now.. making it hard for me to decide on a class lol, did the playstyle of any of the classes change dramatically from velious to PoP? Wondering if there are any classes I use to hate that I might now want to look into again.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
paladins and shadow knights can tank just as well if not better than warriors
druids can actually heal pretty well
i believe multiple necromancers can stack the same DOTs, so multiple necros on a raid doesn't just mean more mana batteries

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In real PoP, we still had problems on raids with mobs having a limited number of debuff slots. Our necros had issues getting dots on raid mobs in PoTime at times. Not sure if this will be addressed on this server. Knight tanks were good, but you still need warriors tanking the raid bosses of PoP. No knights are going to be tanking Fennin Ro, etc.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Speaking of the PoP meta. What's the best Duo for this period? This is post monk nerfs, right? So is Monk/Shaman or SK/Shaman better? Or Chanter/Cleric? Duo mainly for soloing Kunark and Velious dungeons, since that's where the real nostalgia is for me. I seem to remember SK/Shaman being really good during this period, but Monk/Shaman was still better if the monk had planar gear. I know Chanter/Cleric is ridiculous for Kunark, but velious was around when they took a hit right? Been so long.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Don't think enchanters got nerfed until after GoD, Ench/Cleric was still the god mode duo (maybe Ench/Druid) on EQMac iirc

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Don't think enchanters got nerfed until after GoD, Ench/Cleric was still the god mode duo (maybe Ench/Druid) on EQMac iirc
Hmm, cool. Got any thoughts on best duo for leveling speed? We did Shaman/Necro on P99, was ridiculously fast. But I guess Shammy/Any melee or pet class will get you that. Chanter/Cleric, I heard, was also pretty fast but never did that duo before.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ok, clearly I am doing something wrong here. How do you box? I have created two different logins and two separate chars.

I can't seem to log more than 1 char in at a time without the other being booted or linkdead out. I am launching each with the EQW link on a PC. Am I missing something?