Marvel's Avengers

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nothing much to talk about yet other than this teaser announcement from Marvel and Square Enix:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Randin

Trakanon Raider
A Crystal Dynamics Avengers game? I can get behind that. Kinda weird that they didn't wait until E3 to announce it.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
So according to Eurogamer, in addition to the Avengers, Eidos Montreal is also going to be working on a Guardians of the Galaxy game. Take that with however much salt you feel prudent.

Link

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Would really like to have some more info about gameplay. The presentation was saying 1-4 player co-op, and ever increasing list of heroes to play. Sounds cool, and it seemed to be open-world-ish, so maybe the powerful heroes will get to really shine.

• 1Like

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Well, they said the game would be on the show floor. And apparently it'll be showing up on Dorito Pope's stream tomorrow, so we should have a better idea of what the game plays like by the end of E3.

As for the world design, the talk of adding new regions pretty much nixes the idea of a true open world, to my mind. But something that's more hub-based seems like a reasonable guess.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Only 5 players at launch is a huge disappointment. I was expecting Ultimate Alliance or Marvel Hero's level of selection. Add in the sub par graphics and PS4 exclusives and this became a ho hum at best launch.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Only 5 players at launch is a huge disappointment. I was expecting Ultimate Alliance or Marvel Hero's level of selection. Add in the sub par graphics and PS4 exclusives and this became a ho hum at best launch.

Yeah, was pretty disappointing, we'll see what the next 11 months bring.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I would have to guess they are only starting the tease here. The general premise seems sound enough and I wager that they add in heroes at a decent rate to keep people engaged.

Course right now all I want to do is play the Marvel Diablo game but they shut it down :(

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
This was extremely underwhelming as far as presentation goes. The story setup didn't impress me at all.

It felt like they want to do something way too seriously.

Maybe the gameplay will be more exciting, but this has done nothing to make me interested in the game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I understand on some level that likenesses couldn't be used, but since everything is clearly inspired by the movies I find the differences jarring.

• 1Solidarity

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i don't know about this... on one hand, i love me some avengers. on the other hand, only 5 characters at launch and the dreaded "games as a service" nonsense.

with marvel heroes, the game didn't necessarily change based on who you were playing as. so fundamentally every new hero was just a reskin with different powers. if marvel's avengers separates characters by HOW you play the game then it would make sense for a slower rate of additional characters. if black widow plays more like splinter cell or something and thor plays more like force unleashed, for example. maybe bad examples, but whatev. i don't know how i feel about this anyway.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I wasn't all that impressed with what they showed us, far from a 'must by' or even 'day of' at this point. Time will tell but the little we got to see just wasn't giving a me a fuck yaaa moment. It was more of a this is it? really?

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yes yes yes

48705.jpeg

• 5Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 7 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I was so stoked for this game when I heard Squeenix was going to make it, but I'm reaaaaaally unsure now.