Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I'd have to go with:

The Godfather: Part II
The Good, The Bad And The Ugly.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Bro, thats considered trolling around these parts. I am going to have to report you.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah the best prequel of all time is probably an anime that no normal person has ever heard of.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
I think the Spartacus: Gods of the Arena season which acted as a prequel was one of the best seasons.

Szlia

A Better Tomorrow III! Certainly the bestI can think of. Somehow it's tough to remember prequels. I am not sure if it's because of the way the brain archives things in memory, because there are a lot fewer of those than there are sequels or simply because most are not memorable. Oh! Another and better choice:

Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

iannis

Musty Nester
It's hard to think of 3 that are even good, much less sort those 3 into which was the best.

Instead of the way memory works thing I wonder if that's because a prequel is almost always an attempt to grab more cash off of an unexpectedly popular story. Contrasted to a sequel which is often a cash grab, but sometimes they do exist in order to further the initial story. So the odds are roughly 50/50 that a sequel will be any good where they are far less advantageous for prequels.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Would The Hobbit count as a prequel? Also, The Cube had a prequel, not saying it was good, but it exists.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, as far as prequels go the one that I remember being at least decent was Cube: Zero.