The Blacklist

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Blacklist

Genre: Drama, Crime, Mystery

First aired: 2013-09-23

Creator: Jon Bokenkamp

Cast: James Spader, Megan Boone, Harry Lennix, Diego Klattenhoff, Hisham Tawfiq, Amir Arison

Overview: Raymond "Red" Reddington, one of the FBI's most wanted fugitives, surrenders in person at FBI Headquarters in Washington, D.C. He claims that he and the FBI have the same interests: bringing down dangerous criminals and terrorists. In the last two decades, he's made a list of criminals and terrorists that matter the most but the FBI cannot find because it does not know they exist. Reddington calls this "The Blacklist". Reddington will co-operate, but insists that he will speak only to Elizabeth Keen, a rookie FBI profiler.

Last edited by a moderator:

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Seem ridiculously contrived and a waste of Spader's talents.

i give this one the usual 13 episodes before its axed. Bravo, NBC. Just when we thought you reached the nadir with "Do No Harm"

khalid

Unelected Mod
Has alot of good actors, looks like it has decent production qualities. Might be enjoyable in a 24 sort of way.

Seems kind of dumb how much the trailer reveals about the show though.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
That looks annoying as fuck, and didn't Spader already play that character in Boston Legal?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Im guessing the list has somewhere around 100 people? Just enough to get it to syndication?

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Well it wasn't Dexter level shit, yet anyway, so I'll give it a bit longer.

However I just can't stand Spader, I stopped watching Boston Legal due to him and there's a good chance this will do the same.

Soooo, odds on Spader being related to her with the dead parents etc? Random thought, he's obsessing for a reason.

Pumpkin Thief

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Was looking forward to this because I like Spader. Seemed like a cobbling together of so many other shows/movies and suffers from many of the problems 1 hour shows have that must provide a resolution within 35 minutes of actual TV-time: Too much deus ex machina. Magical police work, magic friends that are queue'd up in precisely the right time and place to provide said deus ex machina and a total ignoring of slow working processes that could make such a premise actually pretty cool and interesting.

Will give it a few more tries in hopes that the larger, slower moving plot mysteries can capture my desire to know the bigger picture.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
Maybe it was just me but the back ground music in every scene just felt annoying. I dont need a techno rave pop ballad going on as background music every few minutes during a show. Though I was thrown for a loop regarding the

husband
and the pen / neck thing afterwards.

Seeing Spader make demands and grab the CIA by the nutsack was the best part of the show for me.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Was looking forward to this because I like Spader. Seemed like a cobbling together of so many other shows/movies and suffers from many of the problems 1 hour shows have that must provide a resolution within 35 minutes of actual TV-time: Too much deus ex machina. Magical police work, magic friends that are queue'd up in precisely the right time and place to provide said deus ex machina and a total ignoring of slow working processes that could make such a premise actually pretty cool and interesting.

Will give it a few more tries in hopes that the larger, slower moving plot mysteries can capture my desire to know the bigger picture.
These were my thoughts as well, I liked it, but there were a lot of "oh that's convenient" moments that tend to ever-present in TV crime dramas. I have the same hopes that you do that things can spread across more than one episode and the rushed nature of the premier was that it was also the pilot, so things had to wrap up in one nice package.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I watched this last night. Overall it was decent, I'll be watching more next week. It felt extremely rushed though, like they tried to fit 3 episodes into 1 for the premiere. Still though, one thing really was over the top for me and that was:

brand new, first day on the job agent sticks a pen through the neck of what's supposedly one of the biggest, most notorious criminals and acted like no big deal. What?...

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
You guys are spoiling things that are clearly laid out in the trailer.

I haven't seen the show, yet I knew all of these spoiled facts.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I enjoyed this one a lot.

I think it's 100% that he is family. Her parents are conveniently dead, her dad was a criminal, he leaves a good life to randomly become a criminal? I'm guessing Uncle. Possibly Godfather or something similar.

Decado

Golden Knight of the Realm
I enjoyed it, pilot was a tad rushed but that should settle down with possible longer arcs to pace it better.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I liked it, compared with the recent pilot of SHIELD, i prefer this over shield and i by all accounts know lots of marvel stuff (this could work against me liking shield actually). Of course it felt heavy handed, and it was the "oh shit he's a dumb super criminal" "oh shit, he's a smart super criminal" "oh shit bring on the noob" misdirection, then
we solved the episode, yeah!

ending scene, thought she was being emo... "oh that's a cool twist"

she's not a noob, i don't know how agencies work, but i thought i heard she had 4 years in the agency before getting this assignment and her co-workers call her sir cuz she's a bitch, meaning she's not fresh out of the academy.

but
she's a profiler, and while i don't expect ppl to take their work home, this is very breaking bad, husband musta been the best superspy in the world to fool her for so many years, and they musta been planted forever. Red must be working with what i assume is his super butler, the first scene is a blond guy that gives him his bag and says "must be good to be home again, sir", also secret super stash of money and identities was under a floorboard that she had to crowbar and under carpet. any carpenters here? would that be hard and annoying to get to? it's def not a "oh shit wtf, gotta bounce, it's a long stash type of thing"

moontayle

Golden Squire
Aka, TV Tropes (don't google that unless you want to lose a few hours of your day).

I'll give it the usual 6 episode try. I'm a sucker for 'who's playing who' plotlines.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
lanx

Spader asked Zusomething if he did what he asked and the chick pulled out the carpet from that spot to remove the blood stained part so MAYBE that was all planned, as in gut him in that spot so she rips the carpet and finds the money and shit.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database