The Boogeyman (2023)

kroenen

Regimen Morum
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Boogeyman (2023)

Tagline: It’s not real. It’s not real. It’s not real.

Genre: Horror, Mystery

Director: Rob Savage

Cast: Sophie Thatcher, Chris Messina, Vivien Lyra Blair, Marin Ireland, Madison Hu, LisaGay Hamilton, David Dastmalchian, Maddie Nichols, Mabel Tyler, Adams Bellouis

Release: 2023-06-01

Runtime: 98

Plot: Still reeling from the tragic death of their mother, a teenage girl and her younger sister find themselves plagued by a sadistic presence in their house and struggle to get their grieving father to pay attention before it’s too late.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah. I remember reading it but I don't remember a single thing other than the title.
guy in the shrink chair telling the doc about the boogeyman killing his kids and nobody believes him. it looks like SIDS so nobody thinks anything wrong happened but the door to the closet was opened just a crack even though he remembers closing it tight. its a really fucked up story.
first version on youtube

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I went and revisited the short story and it's pretty good. There are quite a few from this era that would blossom in to full novels and Night Shift in general is a lot of fun. There's so much of what would become IT in The Boogeyman it's almost distracting but that's no fault of the story itself.

Aside from the the title and getting to put King's name on the movie poster I'm not seeing much similarity other than there's a monster.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I went and revisited the short story and it's pretty good. There are quite a few from this era that would blossom in to full novels and Night Shift in general is a lot of fun. There's so much of what would become IT in The Boogeyman it's almost distracting but that's no fault of the story itself.

Aside from the the title and getting to put King's name on the movie poster I'm not seeing much similarity other than there's a monster.
the poster has a closet door, open just a bit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Boy, I feel like the amount of people that are going to get that reference is mighty small.
i watched the trailer and yeah it seems to be very loosely based on the Stephen King story. like the monster looks like a shitty version of the shitty monster from Signs. they got it doing twists and turns on the ceiling and even coming out in the daytime. thats all wrong. its scary at night and its scarier when you dont see what it is. thats why a monster under the bed is holy shit terrifying for kids. it should not be moving at warp speed, it should be just there in your face or grabbing your leg from under the bed. light should be its worst enemy. King when he was young and full of ideas was a genius. he studied horror and knew what was scary as fuck. these people now are retards. they did a bunch of boo scares right out of other shitty movies that use boo scares. boo scares are only worth a brief second of surprise. an unseen horror that could be anywhere just waiting for you to fall asleep so it can fuck your shit up will keep you awake for many nights thinking about it.
SImpsons ripped off Poltergeist with this, but even they recognized that clown was fucking terrifying.
iu

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I just realized the little girl in this is that same little girl who played young Leia from that obi wan show. Christ. She can't run. She is going to get smoked by Boogs

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database