The Call of the Wild (2020)

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 1 Votes
Title: The Call of the Wild (2020)

Tagline: Based on the legendary novel

Genre: Drama, Adventure, Family

Director: Chris Sanders

Cast: Harrison Ford, Dan Stevens, Colin Woodell, Karen Gillan, Omar Sy, Raven Scott, Wes Brown, Cara Gee, Jean Louisa Kelly, Terry Notary, Preston Bailey, Michael Horse, Alex Solowitz, Stephanie Czajkowski, Adam Fergus, Brad Greenquist, Scott MacDonald, Anthony Molinari, Karl Makinen, Larry Cedar, Chase Victoria, Chris Graham, Kirk Geiger, Bradley Whitford

Release: 2020-02-19

Runtime: 100

Plot: Buck is a big-hearted dog whose blissful domestic life is turned upside down when he is suddenly uprooted from his California home and transplanted to the exotic wilds of the Yukon during the Gold Rush of the 1890s. As the newest rookie on a mail delivery dog sled team—and later its leader—Buck experiences the adventure of a lifetime, ultimately finding his true place in the world and becoming his own master.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Just finished this today. To be honest, I'm not much of a reader so I've never read the original by London. I remember watching a movie about this in grade school and knew the basic premise but that's it. I initially was turned off by the CGI dog, but he won me over by the end. I suspect this movie has taken some privileges with Buck and has turned him essentially into a superhero. That being said, I actually really enjoyed this and it moved me. There were multiple scenes that were pure cheese, but for some reason because it involves a dog they were easy to swallow. Harrison Ford seemed at least remotely interested in the project, and the actor who played the ?Jamaican? dog sled driver was wonderful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database