The Callisto Protocol (Survival Horror)

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Fans of survival horror may want to have The Callisto Protocol on their internal motion sensor. Debuting from new studio Striking Distance, the next-gen survival horror game takes place within a maximum security prison on Jupiter's moon, and promises plenty of gruesome alien nightmare fuel. Devised from Glen Schofield, the man we have to thank for Dead Space, The Callisto Protocol also technically takes place in the PUBG universe - yes, that PUBG universe. See, now you're interested.
The Callisto Protocol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Devised from Glen Schofield, the man we have to thank for Dead Space

Count Me In Rick And Morty GIF

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I don't think there's a thread for this, but looks pretty cool. I guess it's a PS5 exclusive, but hopefully it'll get ported the PC at some point. Could really go for a decent Dead Space style game. Guess it has pretty strong Resident Evil vibes too.

Last edited:
  • 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Szlia

3 of the 5 leaders of Striking Distance are people who created the original Dead Space : Glen Schofield, Steve Papoutsis and Chris Stone (then as, respectively, creator/executive producer, co-producer and animation director). Also, Glen, at first, wanted Dead Space to take place in a space prison and the team was not too hot about it so it became about space mining instead. It kinda looks like the prison theme is back this time ?

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
3 of the 5 leaders of Striking Distance are people who created the original Dead Space : Glen Schofield, Steve Papoutsis and Chris Stone (then as, respectively, creator/executive producer, co-producer and animation director). Also, Glen, at first, wanted Dead Space to take place in a space prison and the team was not too hot about it so it became about space mining instead. It kinda looks like the prison theme is back this time ?
Oh wow that's pretty awesome. You're right it definitely does look like a space prison. Really crossing my fingers for a PC Port now.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Dead Space meets Escape from Butcher Bay?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I think we talked about this in a previous Dead Space thread, there was just a teaser trailer at the time. Good to see it finally is coming out later this year.

There was another game by a different studio called Negative Atmosphere that was supposed to be another Dead Space clone, but no word on that one's release yet.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Dead Space made me jump in my seat a few times. Im all signed up if this is going to do the same.

• 1Like

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
If its anywhere near as good as dead space I might finally have a reason to get a ps5

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I think we talked about this in a previous Dead Space thread, there was just a teaser trailer at the time. Good to see it finally is coming out later this year.

There was another game by a different studio called Negative Atmosphere that was supposed to be another Dead Space clone, but no word on that one's release yet.

That game is called Negative Atmosphere , from Sunscorched Studios, it is literally a Dead Space clone though ...

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Small gameplay trailer from some video game event that's going on right now.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I didn't even know this existed till this weekend. Dead Space 1 is one of the best games ever and I am very excited to see it is the same guys making this one. Looks like it will be on all the major platforms, so I'll pick it up on the Series X if everything comes together well.

im-very-excite-borat-sagdiyev.gif

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Its literally Dead Space....again.

And Im all for it. They didnt even try to hide the fact that they want to recapture the original success of that franchise by bringing some familiarity to fans of the genre. It literally looks like the same game just with slightly different look and better visuals.

spronk

FPS noob

kinda excited for God of War 2 and this game, haven't really been interested in a single new game this year other than Elden Ring. Kinda weird for me since I never play Horror Games - did play the original Dead Space but no Resident Evil games, but I love the scifi / alien vibes from this. Hope its good.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I think games like that tickle the Aliens series sci-fi horror vibe that we're not alone in the universe, because there's tons of evil shit out there that wants to kill us.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob

game sounds really awesome and is the only reason i might consider upgrading my gaming PC and playing on PC vs ps5, but i'll wait and see how DF compares the two. They will have a 60 FPS mode on ps5/sex

releases in a little over 2 months, early Dec