The Christmas Chronicles (2018)

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 5 Votes
Title: The Christmas Chronicles (2018)

Tagline: Santa's in town early this year

Genre: Comedy, Adventure, Family, Fantasy

Director: Clay Kaytis

Cast: Kurt Russell, Goldie Hawn, Judah Lewis, Darby Camp, Oliver Hudson, Kimberly Williams-Paisley, Steven Van Zandt, Vella Lovell, Lauren Collins, Tom Kane, David Kohlsmith, Jack Bona, Paskal Vaklev, Abel Tekeste, Jameson Kraemer, Solla Park, Seth Mohan, Kayla Lakhani, Glen McDonald, Danielle Bourgon, Tony Nappo, Chai Valladares, Jonathan Kim, John Koo, Lamorne Morris, Martin Roach, Ishan Morris, Jeremy Raymond, Chris LeBlanc, Debra Wilson, Kari Wahlgren, Debi Derryberry, Michael Yurchak, Jessica Lowe, Jeff Teravainen, Elizabeth Phoenix Caro

Release: 2018-11-22

Runtime: 104

Plot: Siblings Kate and Teddy try to prove Santa Claus is real, but when they accidentally cause his sleigh to crash, they have to save Christmas.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I really enjoyed this, it's got the right kind of holiday cheese for me, and gave me something new to watch that delivers on the typical holiday movie tropes I think most would want. I love Kurt Russell as Santa, I'm sure some won't, but he tickled my pickle.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Lots of tear jerker moments. Very watchable. Good Christmas movie with the family.

• 1WTF

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
This movie has perhaps the best representation of Christmas magic

Elves stop it from being flawless

• 1Like

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lots of tear jerker moments. Very watchable. Good Christmas movie with the family.

I normally wouldn't consider this a tear jerker, the stuff involving the Dad did make me cry, but otherwise I feel like they did a good job of making the sadness that could have heavily dominated the film, take a back seat. But I also understand extremely well that different life experiences really make film/books/games/story hit people drastically different. I never use to get upset about children/babies getting hurt in movies when I was younger. My parents loved Bram Stoker's Dracula (yeah the one with Keanu), so it got played a lot, but it wasn't until after my youngest brother was born that the scene where Dracula gives his concubines the baby started to really bother me. Death in most shows and films typically never brought me to tears until that same brother was killed back in July, now a lot of that stuff really hits hard. It has really made me realize there is a lot of solidarity for this shit for people who have been through it or something similar, and a lot of artists and writers are playing on those strings for probably far to large a percentage of the population.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Just watched this, it was actually pretty good. The musical scene and the hat twist were my only complaints, but that's mainly because the movie was really so close to a perfect Christmas kids movie that small flaws end up seeming bigger than they are.

My girlfriend dug it up, she cried a couple times haha. Don't think I would have watched this on my own (Christmas kids movies aren't my thing I guess?) But seeing her enjoy it so much was awesome. Glad I watched it, definitely watch it with your S/O and/or kids if you have either one, they'll love it.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
this movie started off really good, nice throwback to the Christmas movies I remember as a kid. Then it just got kinda weird and boring at the end. Those "elves"... what kind of drugs were they on when they created those things? That prison montage was sooooo out of place.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Best Christmas movie I've seen in years.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just watched this, it was actually pretty good. The musical scene and the hat twist were my only complaints, but that's mainly because the movie was really so close to a perfect Christmas kids movie that small flaws end up seeming bigger than they are.

My girlfriend dug it up, she cried a couple times haha. Don't think I would have watched this on my own (Christmas kids movies aren't my thing I guess?) But seeing her enjoy it so much was awesome. Glad I watched it, definitely watch it with your S/O and/or kids if you have either one, they'll love it.
The musical scene was a complaint?? that was one of its highlights. Imagine that happening for real. Only flaw was the cop saying he quits.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database