kroenen

Regimen Morum
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Consultant

Genre: Comedy, Drama

First aired: 2023-02-23

Creator: Tony Basgallop

Cast: Christoph Waltz, Aimee Carrero, Brittany O'Grady, Nat Wolff

Overview: After an unspeakable tragedy at CompWare, a games studio based in downtown Los Angeles, a mysterious consultant, Regus Patoff, blows into town and takes charge.

velk

Trakanon Raider
I thought this started really well, but floundered a bit in the second half.

Still entertaining overall.

Unsurprisingly Waltz carries the show even more than James Spader carries the Blacklist. He's creepy and menacing as hell, while still seeming completely reasonable, and really entertaining in the way he brings out the worst in everyone at the company.

One irritation:
Hey, this guy is some kind of golem right ? Maybe we should check if he's actually dead ? Naaaaah, a 1 floor fall is definitely fatal, lets just leave and assume he's dead.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You think he seems reasonable? Sheesh what is your job like?

I watched the first two episodes and stopped after that. None of the characters are particularly interesting and Waltz' character is entirely too weird.

The writing goes way, way over the top to the point you're not even sure what the show is supposed to be about. Similar to Goliath and Outer Range in that regard.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
This was not good. None of the characters behaved even somewhat consistently with themselves from scene to scene they were just in.

“Omg this guy is weird, how did he get in here?”
“Hey the new weird guy loves my stuff, I gotta go work some more on it for him!”

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
This was not good. None of the characters behaved even somewhat consistently with themselves from scene to scene they were just in.

“Omg this guy is weird, how did he get in here?”
“Hey the new weird guy loves my stuff, I gotta go work some more on it for him!”

had potential but ya, we dipped after two episodes cause it was just stupid

Really enjoyed them trying to throw in some edgy comedy in an attempt to channel 'Silicon Valley' vibes but whiffed on all of them in the cringiest of ways.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database