The Cops That Suck at Their Job and Go on Paid Leave Thread

k^M

Lord Nagafen Raider
2d 15h 8m
Is it normal for bars to be open at 4am? I thought last call / close was 1-1:30am

Borzak

Golden Baronet of the Realm
38d 23h 36m
Is it normal for bars to be open at 4am? I thought last call / close was 1-1:30am
2am here except for the French Quarter where bars don't close except day after Mardi Gras when they sweep all the crap out and then it's a religious day, Ash Wed.

Cybsled

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
10d 12h 29m
Even if that was an issue, did that really play a role in him getting shot?

"Officers, wait a second! Let us scan his image into our police-o-tron database to see if he has the proper permits!!!!"

They reacted badly and shot him almost immediately because they assumed he was the shooter. There is this big cognitive dissonance where on the one hand, gun rights folks are saying everyone should be armed to prevent mass shootings, then someone who had the gun to stop the shooter themselves gets shot and suddenly it devolves into "well...he didn't have the permit required under section 40234.23013!! It's his own fault!!!!"

Borzak

Golden Baronet of the Realm
38d 23h 36m
"They" in the they claimed was the Chicago police or whatever it was he was at.

Hosix

All labs matter!
<Donors Crew>
15d 4h 22m
Was in any kind of uniform? Showing he was security? Something to clearly show he was a security officer?

Makes a difference. Maybe I missed it.

Ambiturner

<Donors Crew>
28d 3h 54m
Was in any kind of uniform? Showing he was security? Something to clearly show he was a security officer?

Makes a difference. Maybe I missed it.
No, it hasn't said anywhere i've seen. Waiting for actual info before grabbing my pitchfork.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Donor All-Stars>
39d 11h 19m
Read he had a security vest on, but seems like an unfortunate event to me. I'd like to see any footage they have, did the cop at any point say anything or just flat out come out shooting?

Ambiturner

<Donors Crew>
28d 3h 54m
Even if that was an issue, did that really play a role in him getting shot?

"Officers, wait a second! Let us scan his image into our police-o-tron database to see if he has the proper permits!!!!"

They reacted badly and shot him almost immediately because they assumed he was the shooter. There is this big cognitive dissonance where on the one hand, gun rights folks are saying everyone should be armed to prevent mass shootings, then someone who had the gun to stop the shooter themselves gets shot and suddenly it devolves into "well...he didn't have the permit required under section 40234.23013!! It's his own fault!!!!"
I'm gonna go ahead and say him having a gun played a role. You're also assuming a lot based on the little info that's out there.

Also curious why security has a gun, but apparently no handcuffs. Holding someone at gun point is not a long term solution and not something you should plan to do until police arrive. There could have been legitimate reasons for that, who knows.

Taking a strong stance on something where very few details have been released and filling in the blanks with uneducated opinions makes you look retarded.

Cybsled

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
10d 12h 29m
I'm gonna go ahead and say him having a gun played a role. You're also assuming a lot based on the little info that's out there.

Also curious why security has a gun, but apparently no handcuffs. Holding someone at gun point is not a long term solution and not something you should plan to do until police arrive. There could have been legitimate reasons for that, who knows.

Taking a strong stance on something where very few details have been released and filling in the blanks with uneducated opinions makes you look retarded.
I’m not taking a strong stance, I am mostly shitting on the “lul arm everyone and everything is safe” crowd because this type of shit is what can happen when you have non-professionals playing the hero role.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Donor All-Stars>
39d 11h 19m
Just read another article, guy who got shot was working on becoming a cop. crazy.

Ambiturner

<Donors Crew>
28d 3h 54m
I’m not taking a strong stance, I am mostly shitting on the “lul arm everyone and everything is safe” crowd because this type of shit is what can happen when you have non-professionals playing the hero role.
Well, at worst this would be a wash since the actual shooter was prevented from killing anyone.

Don't think anyone makes an "arm everyone and nobody will die ever" argument. It is a lot harder to take out 20 people when other people can fight back, though, instead of being helplessly slaughtered.

Gavinmad

Ssraeszha Raider
68d 8h 2m
Also curious why security has a gun, but apparently no handcuffs
Because he probably wasn't a "security guard". Most likely scenario is that he was a bouncer who was killed while committing a felony (unlawful use of a weapon).

Just read another article, guy who got shot was working on becoming a cop. crazy.
What exactly is there to work on, aside from 'dont illegally carry a firearm and use it to commit a felony'

• Salty
Reactions: Brikker

Lendarios

Accused AnalRapist
<Donors Crew>
Because he probably wasn't a "security guard". Most likely scenario is that he was a bouncer who was killed while committing a felony (unlawful use of a weapon).

What exactly is there to work on, aside from 'dont illegally carry a firearm and use it to commit a felony'
now imagine if the bouncer was white.

• Repost
Reactions: Brikker

Arbitrary

<Donors Crew>
74d 5h 52m
I couldn't find raw footage but this is a video of a black guy using a firearm in self defense and no charges were filed against him -

After the shooting when things look clear he has the waitress call the police, puts his gun on the counter and then lays on the floor with his hands out until the police arrive. I'm a honky but I think I'd do the same thing if I had just used a gun in any capacity and the police were on the way.

• Solidarity
Reactions: jayrebb

Ambiturner

<Donors Crew>
28d 3h 54m
I couldn't find raw footage but this is a video of a black guy using a firearm in self defense and no charges were filed against him -

After the shooting when things look clear he has the waitress call the police, puts his gun on the counter and then lays on the floor with his hands out until the police arrive. I'm a honky but I think I'd do the same thing if I had just used a gun in any capacity and the police were on the way.
In a situation like that, you typically get several people calling 911 with different versions of what happened that are all over the place. Someone's almost guaranteed to have called saying there's an "active shooter" while not understanding what that actually means. Maybe 1 person says the black guy was attacked first, while someone says he thinks the black guy just tried to rob the place and shot someone and a caller or two outside just heard gunshots and saw people running away.

So unless you're in a police uniform, you do not want to be pointing a gun at someone in that situation. The officer either risks the guys life who has a gun to their head or the guy holding the gun. If he waits, and the guy shoots the other guy he's villified. If he shoots the guy with the gun and it turns out he's innocent, he's villified. Best thing to do is be like the guy in the video and dont make them have to make that choice.