The Cops That Suck at Their Job and Go on Paid Leave Thread

Hosix

All labs matter!
<Donors Crew>
15d 32m
Lol the last two are Canada. Oh Canada....as long as they keep the great pike fishing? It’s all good.

Hosix

All labs matter!
<Donors Crew>
15d 32m
Sound works for me?

Need to see more. Definitely more to this than just that minute plus of video.

Ambiturner

<Donors Crew>
27d 22h 29m
Not sure what the issue is there. Someone who's resisting arrest getting tackled to the ground? Or continuing to resist and trying to pass off evidence/property after being arrested.

Arbitrary

<Donors Crew>
73d 13h 55m
Reading an article about the footage I can't really come to any conclusion without more information. The officers found a gun and weed in the car and if the first girl was fucking around the car while your handling the suspect that's plenty of reason to throw cuffs on her. Kicking your phone over to your sister is a good way of getting her cuffed as well even if just for the duration of that encounter. Weird shit like that is going to get you detained.

What I do find odd is the one officer doesn't verbalize for shit. He just starts doing stuff and then he does more stuff.

jayrebb

Molten Core Raider
12d 23h 49m
I had a full inventory search and hand-cuff detainment recently based on the fact I had a legal knife sitting in the back seat on the floor.

You didn't see me here bitching about it. No laws were broken and I was treated like garbage last month. Next time I'm stopped the officer is going to meet a lot more resistance and questioning as to what he's doing and what his probable cause is exactly. And yep, probably going to start recording.

You should never be able to touch the trunk/hood or handcuff over a legal knife in private property (vehicle). You can ask questions about the knife and maybe examine it to see what kind of condition its in, check it for blood (I'd consider it reasonable to make sure the knife has not recently been used and eliminating that as a reason for why the knife is sitting out), whatever. Anything more is pushing it for someone with no arrest record, no priors, and inspection sticker being the only reason for the stop in the first place.

And when he cut the citation, he didn't check off inventory search. That speaks volumes.

I respect that his policing style and interpretation of policy/law ultimately helps solve crime and breaks cases-- but we have placed limits on it for a reason.

Probable cause is a reasonable belief that a person has committed or will commit a crime. For probable cause to exist, a police officer must have sufficient knowledge of facts to warrant a belief that a suspect is committing a crime. The belief must be based on factual evidence, not just on suspicion.
The lack of facts was particularly disturbing. You can't just haul off like some paranoid schizophrenic about X Y Z because you personally feel this way about this or that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drinsic

Ryan

Lord Nagafen Raider
7d 10h 43m
Looks like these young ladies are in the early phases of paying their tolls. Either this wakes them up (unlikely) or within the next several years they'll be completely ruined.

As for the cops behavior, its unfortunate. But this is how its going to be so long as they're forced to try and police these people.

OneofOne

Molten Core Raider
23d 16h 46m
Too burry, and what context? For all we know she was threatening to kill her baby and the officers were trying to save it's life.

I hate cops as much as the next guy, but c'mon.

• Seriously?
Reactions: Brikker

Ambiturner

<Donors Crew>
27d 22h 29m
I am sure there is more to that NYPD story than that video.
The crazy lady fighting police while clutching the baby clearly had the child's best interest at heart.

It does genuinely make me laugh people acting like she was standing there minding her own business and they just ran up and tried to steal her baby.

• 2Like
Reactions: Chanur and Koushirou

Gavinmad

Baronet of the Realm
67d 14h 24m
The crazy lady fighting police while clutching the baby clearly had the child's best interest at heart.

It does genuinely make me laugh people acting like she was standing there minding her own business and they just ran up and tried to steal her baby.
Are you taking the position that cops don't routinely decide to arbitrarily steal babies?