The Croods

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Took my kids to see this in 3D last night, it was a pretty okay flick and the 3D was done well on it. My 10 year old son and 7 year old daughter really liked it so I recommend it if you have kids.

Also something it showed me was even when Emma Stone is in the form of a cartoon cavewoman, i would still bang her. Which is weird, but whatever.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
saw it with the wife and 6 year old on saturday. i like nic cage as an actor... but it's really more of as a joke... i mean, his hair is a bird... you can't argue with that. but when i saw the trailer for this a few months back, all i could think was how stupid it was to put nic cage as the headliner for an animated movie. his voice is so drab and monotone... so i wasn't expecting to like this movie at all. i wasn't even expecting to see it, but the wife was like, HAY! LET'S GO TAKE THE BOY TO THE MOVIES! so i'm all, bleh. well... popcorn.

anyways, the kid was literally belly laughing so hard he couldn't breathe within the first 10 minutes. and that just kept up throughout most of the movie. it's nothing ground breaking and there are plenty of plotholes if you're looking for them (where the eff did Ryan Reynolds' character come from and why doesn't he look like a caveman and how does he know the end is coming and etc etc etc... seriously... i was waiting for the big reveal to be that he was from the future or something), but at the end of the day the movie is just plain enjoyable.

we saw it in 2d. and while the movie was pretty visually satisfying, i don't know how much 3d would add to it.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
The 3D did a good job of being like 3D of old where they went out of their way to enhance the stuff flying out at you. At one part when cinders were falling it seriously looked like they were falling into the seats around you. They did a pretty good job with it.

My kids loved Belt, was their favorite character.

Nostrovia_sl

shitlord
Saw this with the wife. I'm not a fan of Disney movies, or pixar or dreamworks or whatever other animated studio is out there.
Only character that got a reaction out of me was Belt. That sloth was badass.. other than that the movie was "meh" at best.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
"I don't like animated movies at all so let me give you my opinion of this animated film"

lol, cool story bro.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Why would anyone listen to the opinion of someone who's first sentence is "I hate the genre and anything that involves it."?

You just invalidated your own opinion of it to anyone and everyone reading it.

Idiot. I could care less if you didn't like the movie, but not liking it going into and acting like you are going to give an unbias opinion it isn't a review or opinion, it's retarded.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is one of the perks to having kids, being able to convince the wife to go to these kinds of movies. I thought it was great. Tons of laughs, especially the disappointment of the father every time his head counts showed the mother in law (with a tail) survived their last calamity. Kids loved it too. Just like all cartoons aimed at kids, it wasn't really deep fair but it had a solid story and good action. I agree that the choice of Cage as the lead voice seemed kind of odd... but that is because my main bitch about him as an actor has always been his VOICE. Personally would have been better if they went with someone that had a more gruff voice to fit the role but hey. FYI on the plot hole with Guy: he explained that his parents were killed and he was wandering ever since. I had just assumed he was a more involved sapien and put two and two together that lava was bad and they needed to get ahead of it.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
FYI on the plot hole with Guy: he explained that his parents were killed and he was wandering ever since. I had just assumed he was a more involved sapien and put two and two together that lava was bad and they needed to get ahead of it.
yeah, clearly it wasn't an important piece of the plot. i was just saying that it's a kid's movie. it's not going to be a deep film. Guy being completely physiologically different than the croods is besides the point. adults are going to want a real answer why, but kids don't care.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I took my nieces to see this on Wednesday.

Today, the only things I can literally remember about it are A) amusing meta-jokes about Nic Cage inventing wigs and overacting, and B) wondering why the intro is scored to college football fight songs. (I guess the egg is football shaped, or something?)

Definitely would wait for DVD.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
yeah, clearly it wasn't an important piece of the plot. i was just saying that it's a kid's movie. it's not going to be a deep film. Guy being completely physiologically different than the croods is besides the point. adults are going to want a real answer why, but kids don't care.

It turns out this was the plot for the entire second movie.