The Crown

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Vote
Title: The Crown

Genre: Drama

First aired: 2016-11-04

Creator: Peter Morgan

Cast: Olivia Colman, Tobias Menzies, Helena Bonham Carter, Josh O'Connor, Emma Corrin, Marion Bailey, Erin Doherty

Overview: The gripping, decades-spanning inside story of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the Prime Ministers who shaped Britain's post-war destiny. The Crown tells the inside story of two of the most famous addresses in the world – Buckingham Palace and 10 Downing Street – and the intrigues, love lives and machinations behind the great events that shaped the second half of the 20th century. Two houses, two courts, one Crown.

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]View attachment 98133[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]The Crown[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2016-11-04[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]The gripping, decades-spanning inside story of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the Prime Ministers who shaped Britain's post-war destiny.

The Crown tells the inside story of two of the most famous addresses in the world – Buckingham Palace and 10 Downing Street – and the intrigues, love lives and machinations behind the great events that shaped the second half of the 20th century. Two houses, two courts, one Crown.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

I like time period drama's. (The Tudors, The Borgias) this looks good to me.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I think it looks captivating. Hoping John Lithgow gets a lot of screentime as Churchill, he was nailing it in the trailer.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
It looks good but would it kill someone to create a show about a monarchy other than one in Britain? The Borgia's was great largely in part because it felt fresh and different. Take a map of Europe/Asia and throw a dart FFS I'm sure there are tons of other interesting stories that haven't been told yet.

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
It looks good but would it kill someone to create a show about a monarchy other than one in Britain? The Borgia's was great largely in part because it felt fresh and different. Take a map of Europe/Asia and throw a dart FFS I'm sure there are tons of other interesting stories that haven't been told yet.
We need an Alexander the Great 12 part mini-series from Netflix. That would scratch that itch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So what is the scope of this series exactly time wise or have they only released the teaser yet?

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
This was very well done and had a higher production value than the typical Monarchical drama from the BBC or elsewhere. Usually in these types of shows the focus hardly ever leaves the monarch and the palace they are stuck in; this show had a broader scope with a variety of actors, settings and topics, it made things more interesting than usual. They also did a good job in making me feel frustrated on the behalf of the Queen as she confronts the sometimes seemingly arbitrary restrictions placed upon her and her family. Though they did twist and even invent some details a little too much for my liking in some instances but overall the show was very enjoyable, the episodes that focused on Churchill and The Great Smog in particular were some of my favorites.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Really good. Well done. Didn't think I'd be too interested but it really sucks you in.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I really enjoyed the exchange between the painter and Churchill about his paintings of the pond.

Sterling

El Presidente
Just finished watching this and was pretty impressed with it. I like that they didn't try and give the end of it an overly positive spin.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
3rd season just came out.

For those who watched season 1 and never gave it a chance please give it another try... I am very picky with TV shows... yet season2 and now 3 is fantastic television. it's hard to think of a show that raised the bar so much in it's second season.

As a lover of british history I was always going to wath this show but i really think anyone who enjoys high end TV drama's will like this.

Season 3 is maybe a bit less then season 2. Btu still very solid.. Helena Bonham Carter is fantastic as Princess margaret, whom if this was a fiction TV show would get her own spinoff! Despite being 20+ years on Margaret in the early episodes of season 3. The one where she visit's Pres Johnson is classic. That lady who plays Queen Elizabeth here is also spot on. Amazing acting. Overall the main characters feel much more like themselves in season 3 then they did in season 1-2. You don't have to give a shit about Royals, or be an Anglophile to enjoy season 3.

I can't wait until Season 4! Margaret thatcher should be becoming PM in episode 1 or 2 and the dynamic of the queen +a new Dominate elected female PM should make amazing viewing. MT is played by Gillian Anderson! she actually does looka

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Agreed, I really enjoy the crown. I am very interested in history and almost every episode results in me googling/wikipediaing a bunch of things.. really interesting watch.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just finished the 3rd season and it's very good. Also learned a lot of stuff (didn't really know about the mine disaster, it's an overall bad look for the Queen). Acting is really good so if you have even a passing interest in the monarchy/Elizabeth I'd recommend it. This season also now sets up characters like Thatcher and Diana for S4.

Margaret asks in the end how many PM's she's had (at this point she says 7). She probably never dreamed of how many more she will go through (and still going). Churchill to Boris Johnson (so far) is some run.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Watching this now. While I agree with the need to switch cast members, it took a couple of episodes to get used to. And while the "new" queen is very good, I just can't get over how much Claire Foy looked like a young Elizabeth. What a babe they both were/are! And yes, lots of googling after each show. Lots of "hidden" history there which is awesome!

TV show information provided by The Movie Database