The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 2 Votes
Title: The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Kids

First aired: 2019-12-31

Cast: Anya Taylor-Joy, Nathalie Emmanuel, Taron Egerton, Mark Hamill, Natalie Dormer, Caitriona Balfe, Helena Bonham Carter, Harris Dickinson, Eddie Izzard, Theo James, Toby Jones, Shazad Latif, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Mark Strong, Alicia Vikander, Andy Samberg, Harvey Fierstein, Ralph Ineson, Jason Isaacs, Keegan-Michael Key, Ólafur Darri Ólafsson, Simon Pegg

Overview: Return to the world of Thra, where three Gelfling discover the horrifying secret behind the Skeksis' power and set out to ignite the fires of rebellion and save their world.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
WTF is the premise. 3 elfs going to save their world? They have to fail or else where does the original fucking movie come in.

iannis

Musty Nester
Well yeah, they'll die. It will be a tale of noble struggle.

is it animated or marionettes? Hard pass it animated. If they're willing to go marionette it has a chance of being good.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Well yeah, they'll die. It will be a tale of noble struggle.

is it animated or marionettes? Hard pass it animated. If they're willing to go marionette it has a chance of being good.

From an article: The series will use puppetry alongside “cutting edge visual effects”

iannis

Musty Nester
Mmm. So they're gonna cheat it.

odds aren't great. Better than it it was fully animated, at least.

Hard to compete with henson's visual style, I guess.

Cybsled

I am guessing puppets for closeup shots and CGI for wide shots/more complex action shots. They've done that with some of the muppet stuff recently as well.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
The fact that it's a new story and not just a remake is worth checking out alone

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
It looks like most of the effects are practical; what a treat in this day and age.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
The fact that it's a new story and not just a remake is worth checking out alone

I mean, it looks like it is a prequel to the movie? My issue is that I think we see Gen as older but at the end of the movie the crystal was healed and the Ancient Ones and Skeksis were reunited.

Nevermind, cast list shows names and none of them are Gen.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database