The Deuce

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm really liking this show. It's classic David Simon.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Stave

Potato del Grande
I liked this show at first but now it just seems to be getting drawn out. I think it is because they nailed the setting perfectly, so the atmosphere really draws you in, but the story itself is pretty dull. There has been zero suspense or excitement. It is just people living their day to day lives in a fucked up world. I'm willing to give it to the end of the season, but unless there is some kind of strife or challenge or anything really, I won't be back for season 2.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I liked this show at first but now it just seems to be getting drawn out. I think it is because they nailed the setting perfectly, so the atmosphere really draws you in, but the story itself is pretty dull. There has been zero suspense or excitement. It is just people living their day to day lives in a fucked up world. I'm willing to give it to the end of the season, but unless there is some kind of strife or challenge or anything really, I won't be back for season 2.

It makes Vinyl Season 2 look a little more appealing. It is certainly more atmospheric than Vinyl with regard to the 1970's setting though, which I think was what this show was mostly about-- achieving that.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
It makes Vinyl Season 2 look a little more appealing. It is certainly more atmospheric than Vinyl with regard to the 1970's setting though, which I think was what this show was mostly about-- achieving that.

Vinyl was cancelled I thought?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Vinyl was cancelled I thought?

Right. I meant in stay of The Deuce. Vinyl had a stronger plot, but the point of view was restrictive.

I'm not sure which production company is handling The Deuce, or the timeline, but I'd guess there is some overlap since Vinyl was costing 100 million per season HBO may have flipped some of that research & development over to The Deuce.

The Deuce so far has been like the "Cheers" offering of HBO's 1970's catalogue. Not complaining. Missing Olivia Wilde though.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Ashley has got quite a body on her too if they ever show her hips and ass again. Enjoying it a lot more after a lot of establishment episodes. I felt the show finally hit its stride.

Season 2 is going to be great I think.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Saison 1 is over, I think it was very good, if you like David Simon work (The Wire, Treme, Generation Kill) you should definitely binge it.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah I liked it a lot too. I don't really have a complaint about the show.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I felt like this was just okay, but it's possible that I didn't give it a fair shot because I watched most of the episodes late on Sunday night when I was sleepy.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Anyone else watching this? Digging this season. Feel episodes are better when they focus on less characters. Like that this focused on the film the whole time.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Season 3 starts tonight. But I think I'm the only person who watches this show.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm still on it. Saw S2 during its original broadcast run.

Haven't had time for S3