The Dirt (2019)

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: The Dirt (2019)

Genre: Drama, Music

Director: Jeff Tremaine

Cast: Douglas Booth, Machine Gun Kelly, Iwan Rheon, Daniel Webber, Tony Cavalero, Rebekah Graf, Pete Davidson, Christian Gehring, Elena Evangelo, Joe Chrest, Courtney Dietz, Leven Rambin, Katherine Neff, Kamryn Ragsdale, Vince Mattis, David Costabile, Michael Hodson, Martin Covert, Mike R. Moreau, Max Milner

Release: 2019-03-22

Plot: The story of Mötley Crüe and their rise from the Sunset Strip club scene of the early 1980s to superstardom.

• 2Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I'm not one for movies that are basically VH1 biopics, but this one looks somewhat interesting.

However, the worst drug trip of my life was to the soundtrack of Dr Feelgood (ironically) so I am not sure I could watch this without bad flashbacks.

Home Sweet Home is one of my fav power ballads of all time. I wore out the cassette on that song.

This won't be a movie unless we see Tommy Lee's giant crooked dong.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'm not one for movies that are basically VH1 biopics, but this one looks somewhat interesting.

However, the worst drug trip of my life was to the soundtrack of Dr Feelgood (ironically) so I am not sure I could watch this without bad flashbacks.

Home Sweet Home is one of my fav power ballads of all time. I wore out the cassette on that song.

1550721385821.jpeg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Meh, underwhelming. This needed to be like a mini series or something. It seems like it's just rushing to the end.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
It had its moments, some really good one liners.
"...Dont bring your girlfriend to see Motley Crue, they will fuck her..."

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
Yeah, I enjoyed it. It was never going to cover every little detail, they glossed over Vince being out of the band for years etc, but it was a fun watch.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Meh, underwhelming. This needed to be like a mini series or something. It seems like it's just rushing to the end.

Yea it wasn't much of a biopic because they tried to jam 20 years worth of stories into this one movie. It was fine for what it was, and I love motley crue so just the music kept me interested. But the pacing was off and everything felt very rushed so they could fit it all in, which made every scene kind of forgettable. You go from meeting Tommy Lee's girlfriend (who's getting fucked by Nikki Six) to them announcing their engagement to him punching his fiance in the face in 3 scenes. And the entire movie was like that. It felt more like a simple series of events rather than a cohesive story.

• 1Like

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Definitely a very cut rate production. I also expected a lot more sleaze than was really present in the film.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Definitely a very cut rate production. I also expected a lot more sleaze than was really present in the film.
Yeah, but what they had was worth it in this current era of bullshit that hollywood puts out there.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I liked this and agree with most of what was said above. The thing about this movie to me is if you aren't/weren't a fan of the band I dont think you would like this very much.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Raponchi

Frog
<Donor>
Shout at the devil was the first rock record my mom bought me at like 6 (i was listening to children music before that, so it blew my mind). They got some cheese songs and got caught in the glam shit. But songs like Looks that kill, and Shout at the devil etc are kick ass songs.

Loved the movie, having read both the dirt and Heroine diaries.

And i want a Tommy as a friend haha

Only guy i dont like is Vince, fucker should be in Jail for what he did to the Hanoi Rocks dude. He killed a dude because of alcohol and now owns a tequila brand, smh.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Saw this today.

I think I may have actually enjoyed it more than Bohemian Rhapsody.

It was a lot grittier, and that's what I want from my rock superstar movie. And the crazy part is I'm sure this depiction was still tame.

Edit: Also, holy shit, the guy who played Tommy Lee is Machine Gun Kelly?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database