The Division 2

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
PS4 clan: Fires of Heaven (FoH) you can join clans after level 6 or so, have to unlock Grace NPC and can search for clans from her

Beginner tips
youtube.com/watch?v=h-T0tobAA0o

How to trigger hidden open world boss
reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/b0m39j/spoiler_how_to_trigger_hidden_boss/

FOH friends list
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GSjsqxWThbLmo2P8YV5gLngNgyAX3c-SfLDiDA5OAAg/edit#gid=0

My recommendations for skills would be fixer drone, revive hive (it auto-triggers if you get downed like the ultimate from Div 1), assault turret (if you really feel you need an offensive skill while leveling... I don't see the point though). My next pick is going to be oxidation chem launcher since I read that it pops enemies out of cover and the base CD is only 20 seconds. Then maybe the shield, though I've heard the one that you can use with a real gun is made of tissue paper and I'm not sure about killing shit with a pistol. Firefly seems shitty all around and pulse / seeker mine have been nerfed into the ground compared to Div 1 so those will be the last three I pick and then probably never use.

Guns, armor, mod blueprints, etc you can get as of 4/1/19

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vT9cuFYaxTl1zwVpNkcPLIFq1aI8vzdm_GEVi7kff_23oO7qEEbihitnb_JiWcxq3x5Cpjhp9xe9LCr/pubhtml#

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
Full reveal, trailer, dates, etc will be at E3 in June

Xbox One version of Division 1 will be X enhanced with 4k, etc

not really any other news at the 30 min twitch stream

D1 roadmap
Xh7JyFi.jpg

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Hope they really learned their lessons and don't release it in the same poor state of D1 of all the hacking and exploiting in it's first 6 months.
Game has been fun for the past year for the most part, especially so when I don't bother with it's pvp anymore, the classified sets have turned into a grind with the global events because of the really low drops rates for it everywhere else, but hopefully they will smooth out progression of gear in D2.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hopefully they finally implement the tablet controlled drones, still think a lot of games don't take advantage of people who own them to integrate into their games alongside the PC.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Xenrauk, hopefully because it was REAL bad and one of the many reasons I completely dropped the game (that and the bullet sponge aspect)

• 1Solidarity

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hope they really learned their lessons and don't release it in the same poor state of D1 of all the hacking and exploiting in it's first 6 months.
Game has been fun for the past year for the most part, especially so when I don't bother with it's pvp anymore, the classified sets have turned into a grind with the global events because of the really low drops rates for it everywhere else, but hopefully they will smooth out progression of gear in D2.
Yeah, I would really look forward to Division 2 if I didn't think there was a very high chance of it being another Destiny 2 where they make huge improvements to the game over the course of a few years and then go right back to square one for the sequel. I don't actually think it's possible for another game to be as bad in that regard, but the likelihood of disappointment is still there. Especially if they make PVP any bigger a part of the game than it already is.

I agree that the secret to enjoying The Division now is to never set foot in the dark zone (and only buy Underground if you feel the need to grab some DLC). They're doubling most of the drop rates of classified gear and making it not require PVP ass cancer to get enough Div Tech in that 1.8.1 patch in the graphic above. I've put another 120ish hours into the game just recently and barely have any classified pieces even after the first GE so it's definitely a needed change. It was especially annoying to get 4-5 pieces of Final Measure and DeadEYE last weekend, two sets I have no interest in ever using, but only 2 pieces of Lone Star. Going to be real salty if I come out of the Assault event without full Striker, and hopefully Reclaimer too should I ever feel like doing anything but soloing. Fortunately I pretty much always play with Tactician builds and I don't even think the 5pc is worth it compared to Barrett's vest and a HE Inventive backpack. Classified would be nice, but it's just ++gooder on the main stats.

• 1Like

sukik

All I gotta say is more coop content, less dark zone.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ubisoft, chances are same dog shit awful game the first was until what maybe a year after release getting remotely decent. It's like the shooter version of no mans sky.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I would really look forward to Division 2 if I didn't think there was a very high chance of it being another Destiny 2 where they make huge improvements to the game over the course of a few years and then go right back to square one for the sequel. I don't actually think it's possible for another game to be as bad in that regard, but the likelihood of disappointment is still there. Especially if they make PVP any bigger a part of the game than it already is.

I agree that the secret to enjoying The Division now is to never set foot in the dark zone (and only buy Underground if you feel the need to grab some DLC). They're doubling most of the drop rates of classified gear and making it not require PVP ass cancer to get enough Div Tech in that 1.8.1 patch in the graphic above. I've put another 120ish hours into the game just recently and barely have any classified pieces even after the first GE so it's definitely a needed change. It was especially annoying to get 4-5 pieces of Final Measure and DeadEYE last weekend, two sets I have no interest in ever using, but only 2 pieces of Lone Star. Going to be real salty if I come out of the Assault event without full Striker, and hopefully Reclaimer too should I ever feel like doing anything but soloing. Fortunately I pretty much always play with Tactician builds and I don't even think the 5pc is worth it compared to Barrett's vest and a HE Inventive backpack. Classified would be nice, but it's just ++gooder on the main stats.

Yeah fortunately the next update will have the rates doubled and additional places to obtain them like the exotic caches. At one point I was sitting on 7 sets that needed 1 piece to complete them. Funny thing this past event I didn't want to play it cause I really burnt myself out on the last one in which I had 3 pieces left to get for pc and ps4, but I started getting like five caches in row that just gave duplicates or non classified items, really pissed me off when I had an alphas set with five slots with 5-7 duplicate pieces but no damn chest piece. Basically just did hvt's with a friend this time and open some caches to offload the credits and managed to get the 2 pieces I needed to finish the sets there finally. The focused caches should help too in that regard in the future. Division tech is another grind I'm not doing either, only bother to optimize my guns.

Didn't pick up destiny 2, heard a lot of people moved to division eventually after, and that the game basically left out the dlc improvements made after destiny 1 release?, which is like wtf. Hope Massive doesn't fuck up and go down that same path, but being Ubisoft it's possible.

• 1Solidarity

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
What's with the DZ hate? In two months of farming DZ for div tech during the last Nov/Dec global event I might have run into a full PK groups a handful of times that decided it was worth killing me while I made chest runs. During that global event I got every single set of classified via Lex runs for credits for chests or just randomly from chests/npcs in DZ. Compared to how it was prior the game is practically a care bear loot pinata these days.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Did you play the game when it was released? If so then the DZ hate should be perfectly understandable. The gameplay and story was great but I've still never reloaded this game after the updates due to my undying hatred of how they implemented the late game and how tone deaf they were to why it was shit for quite a while.

• 1Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Did you play the game when it was released? If so then the DZ hate should be perfectly understandable. The gameplay and story was great but I've still never reloaded this game after the updates due to my undying hatred of how they implemented the late game and how tone deaf they were to why it was shit for quite a while.

I played right at beta/launch and quit because I found spending 15 minutes shooting a trivial encounter boss boring especially with no reward. Didn't have an issue with DZ, but I never really get up tight about dying in a video game regardless of hacker or 4 man gank.

The game is solid now though as most stuff dies in an appropriate amount of time to not become obnoxious, the legendary difficulty is pretty fun and I enjoyed doing resistance/underground.

Vorph

What's with the DZ hate? In two months of farming DZ for div tech during the last Nov/Dec global event I might have run into a full PK groups a handful of times that decided it was worth killing me while I made chest runs. During that global event I got every single set of classified via Lex runs for credits for chests or just randomly from chests/npcs in DZ. Compared to how it was prior the game is practically a care bear loot pinata these days.
I think pvp is a cancer in every game that doesn't separate it completely. PVP and PVE balancing can never coexist. Plus the DZ just isn't interesting at all to me even when I would hop servers to get into an empty one. Populated ones suck because even if nobody is trying to gank your shit they've probably killed everything worth killing.

Considering there's 14 sets * 6 items each and a 3% drop rate on classified items outside of GE loot crates, I'd hardly call that a loot pinata. Getting dupe #43 instead of the last piece you need, or being flooded with the 8 or so shit sets instead of the 6 decent-to-OP ones is much more likely to happen. The game desperately needs the upcoming 3%->6% change. Even at 25% and spending a whole weekend doing Hudson I ended up with 5/3/2 classified pieces last weekend.

I like Underground a lot too, but it's sadly neglected at this point. Can't do anything in there for GE stuff, plus the grind to 40 is horrific and challenging/3 stage missions are gated way too late. Post-1.8 it feels like Resistance is the only thing worth doing when a GE isn't running.

Still looking forward to hearing details on Division 2 at E3 though. Maybe Ubi will finally do something right at release instead of a year later.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I played right at beta/launch and quit because I found spending 15 minutes shooting a trivial encounter boss boring especially with no reward. Didn't have an issue with DZ, but I never really get up tight about dying in a video game regardless of hacker or 4 man gank.

The game is solid now though as most stuff dies in an appropriate amount of time to not become obnoxious, the legendary difficulty is pretty fun and I enjoyed doing resistance/underground.

Right, but you didn't need to shoot the trivial boss as the upgrades were in the DZ not the boss. Then the only way I can improve my character is being prevented from happening due to multiple people running around one shotting everybody in sight while being invulnerable themselves. Or that actually acceptable 4 man group ganks aren't actually ganking but trying to flag you by jumping in front of you over and over so you flag yourself and they can kill you with no risk to themselves. Whatever, certainly have no issue with people still playing the game just more griping about how such a good initial setup was squandered by total ineptitude.