The Drop (Tom Hardy and James Gandolfini)

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>

Saw this last night.

27.jpg

Tom Hardy is one of the best actors out there atm.

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
Saw it this weekend. Not a bad movie. It went a little differently from what I was expecting, but it was worth my time. Plus, I'm a sucker for Noomi Rapace.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Great movie, ruined by a dumb ending.

Here's what should have happened:
Bob goes to nadia (?)'s house and finds a FOR SALE sign and a couple of movers putting her stuff in a truck. Bob looks around for her, but she's not there. He goes up to the head mover and introduces himself as her neighbor and asks where she's moving to. Mover tells him, and the truck drives off. Bob watches the truck leave, camera fades to black, and you hear the sound of a dog whimpering.

Roll credits.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
It's out in the usual places. I thought it was good but I was kind of disappointed with Gandolfini's performance. I was really hoping for a tour de force as his last one but Hardy pretty much carried the movie. Still worth a watch.

spronk

FPS noob
saw this today, kinda meh. rocco the dog stole the movie i guess, its sort of a weird "not really a gangster" movie. Didn't really like it, but didn't hate it either. my biggest disappointment - no interesting things really explored other than the question of "uhhh... is this guy retarded or what"

I dunno why so many movies now have russian/near-russian gangsters as the comically supervillain bad guys, its been pretty much the last dozen movies like Equalizer, Wick, the Takens, etc. C'mon, there's like 160 other countries with badass's you can have some interesting cultural backstory revolve around, russian bad guys are so cliche at this point

and yeah it sucks if this is really tony soprano's last movie, he really phoned it in
frown.png

walk among the tombstones is also out, hoping that turns out better tomorrow

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Walk Among the Tombstones doesn't even deserve mention in the same thread as The Drop, it was easily one of the worst movies I watched last year. The Drop I would say was one of the better ones, but I'm a sucker for anything written by Lehane.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Walk Among the Tombstones doesn't even deserve mention in the same thread as The Drop, it was easily one of the worst movies I watched last year. The Drop I would say was one of the better ones, but I'm a sucker for anything written by Lehane.
One of the worst? Really? I think Walk Among the Tombstones was riddled with cliches, had a horrible acting performance from Dan Stevens, and was probably 15ish minutes too long, but I certainly wouldn't call it one of the worst. It's probably a 6.5/10 or so.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well I don't make a habit of watching truly awful movies, so yeah, a 5-6/10 is one of the worst I watched last year. On top of what you said I'd add that the entire ending sequence was straight up retarded.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Watched this on a plane ride today. Enjoyable, but nothing amazing. I enjoyed it about as much as The Equalizer. This was a better story movie whereas Equalizer was a better action one.