The Emoji Movie (2017)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Emoji Movie

Tagline: Not easy being meh

Genre: Comedy, Family, Animation

Director: Anthony Leondis

Cast: T.J. Miller, James Corden, Anna Faris, Maya Rudolph, Steven Wright, Jennifer Coolidge, Jake T. Austin, Christina Aguilera, Sofía Vergara, Patrick Stewart, Rob Riggle, Sean Hayes, Tati Gabrielle, Jude Koyaute, Rachael Ray, Jeffrey Ross, Melissa Sturm, Anthony Leondis, Sean Giambrone, Timothy Durkin, Liam Aiken, Wendell Brooks, Thom Bishops, Kevin Chamberlin, William Townsend, Adam Brown, William J. Caparella, Joe Whyte, Conrad Vernon, Kate Miller, Rich Dietl, Derek Mio, Paige Eileen Caparella

Release: 2017-07-28

Runtime: 91

Plot: Gene, a multi-expressional emoji, sets out on a journey to become a normal emoji.

Last edited:
  • 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider

I wanted to give this a five turds out of five rating, but apparently the board doesn't allow that particular brand of shitpost so I'll need to do it the old fashioned way.

Bae.png
Bae.png
Bae.png
Bae.png
Bae.png

kudos

<Banned>
This guy is an idiot. No wonder he got removed from Silicon Valley. It's like the fame went to his head and he's too stupid to cope.

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
I don't get it what he's saying. Is he throwing a tantrum because the movie sucks?

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I don't get it what he's saying. Is he throwing a tantrum because the movie sucks?
Basically. Apparently, Miller wasn't just doing this movie as a blatant cash grab, but saw it as a platform for advancing the cause of liberalism, and feminism, and recruiting to take the fight to Trump, and things along that line. So people seeing the movie as trash is destroying his Grand Crusade.

Politics aside, he's a bit of an idiot.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Basically. Apparently, Miller wasn't just doing this movie as a blatant cash grab, but saw it as a platform for advancing the cause of liberalism, and feminism, and recruiting to take the fight to Trump, and things along that line. So people seeing the movie as trash is destroying his Grand Crusade.

Politics aside, he's a bit of an idiot.
he was also doing interviews in magazines talking all kinds of trash and saying the movie is going to brainwash kids to go against trump. thats half your audience right there who wont bother and i doubt even liberal parents want their kids to be brainwashed one way or the other.
Actor Insists 'Emoji Movie' Will Fight Trump, Make Young People 'Adopt Progressive Values'

Sitting down with HuffPost, comedic actor T.J. Miller trashed his former co-workers on HBO's "Silicon Valley," saying they did not do enough to stop Trump.

"Right before the election … I asked, ‘How much money did you donate, you Hollywood elites? How much did you donate to Hillary Clinton's campaign?'" he recounted. "And everybody in the cast said nothing. They hadn't given a dollar."

By contrast, Miller was very much on board with The Emoji Movie.

"How rare is it that we get an opportunity to do an original property, right?" he said.

"This was an opportunity to do something optimistic, positivistic and you know, we have very few weapons in the current administration, and one of them is to target a younger demographic and try and help them understand and adopt progressive values," Miller continued.

"The movie has a lot to say to women, and how they have limitless potential, and one of the characters literally breaks through a glass ceiling," he added.

Last edited:

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Anyone involved in this movie beyond the obvious cash grab is a lying piece of shit twat. With any luck TJ Miller gets robbed and raped by an illegal Mexican looking for drugs. Maybe then after this ripped asshole has been stitched up he will hop aboard the MAGA train. With any luck his said Mexican rape will cause him to be shunned in Hollywood and his money to dry up. If you want to be an actor shut the fuck up and dance you monkey and keep your shit ideas to yourself.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone involved in this movie beyond the obvious cash grab is a lying piece of shit twat. With any luck TJ Miller gets robbed and raped by an illegal Mexican looking for drugs. Maybe then after this ripped asshole has been stitched up he will hop aboard the MAGA train. With any luck his said Mexican rape will cause him to be shunned in Hollywood and his money to dry up. If you want to be an actor shut the fuck up and dance you monkey and keep your shit ideas to yourself.

I wasn't too up on him - but he really doesn't seem to like being an actor based on one of the interviews I read earlier today as a result of this thread. He only really sees himself as a comedian, not an actor.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I don't think he sees much of anything other than hallucinations from all the drugs and booze. There are plenty of unstable actors/entertainers out there but he doesn't have the talent to stay relevant in spite of that. I don't think we'll be seeing much more of him as any kind of major player in comedy... acting or otherwise.

I originally thought Silicon Valley would suffer without Erlich Bachman. But it's becoming clear HBO saw how unstable he was and decided to cut ties.

A propaganda movie featuring emoticons. He actually admitted that's what his intentions were with this steaming pile... What the fuck is wrong with that guy?

spronk

FPS noob
step 1: make emoji movie
step 2: ???
step 3: impeach trump

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
why can't autistic fucks just be autistic with dungeons and dragons.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lol. I downloaded a camshot torrent of this and watched about half of it. When they got to the part where they explained how to play Candy Crush TM like you would explain it to a 2 year old or your grandma, I had to stop. If there's any kind of message in this move above and beyond "Buy our apps in the Google App Store!" I didn't even see it. My only regret is that I don't have any more turds to give.

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I didn't know TJ Miller was such a liberal idiot. That's disappointing. I thought he was funny in "She's out of your league" and several other small roles. I haven't watched Silicon Valley yet. But seeing his tweets and political thoughts, fuck him. This movie looks "Love Guru" bad, wonder if the career is done. Hopefully.

• 1Like

Warpath

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm a huge Erlich Bachman fan so I tried watching his standup special on HBO... I made it about 8 minutes in before I noped the fuck out. Complete garbage. Sad!

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Nah, his latest stand up wasn't that bad. It was by no means great, but far from unwatchable.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database