The End of Days - Ours. Planning for the Last Raid Boss

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
this is why you white ppl should either jerle or live with your kids when you become old white ppl, cuz if you get put away in a nursing home, Kang nogs are gonna run your old feeble white ass over.
All joking aside, this is a serious question for just about anyone. Few people give it a lot of thought. To me there is a difference between living and existing. When I can no longer care for myself, I'm not doing the nursing home thing. Clean and quick is the exit strategy I prefer. I will leave that long death march to others.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Musab

Molten Core Raider
All joking aside, this is a serious question for just about anyone. Few people give it a lot of thought. To me there is a difference between living and existing. When I can no longer care for myself, I'm not doing the nursing home thing. Clean and quick is the exit strategy I prefer. I will leave that long death march to others.
Same here. I see old people struggling to do basic shit and all I can think is why keep going?

• 1Garbage
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Same here. I see old people struggling to do basic shit and all I can think is why keep going?

Narcissism will keep you going for a long, long time.

Also if your brain starts to go you won't even know what the fuck is happening a lot of the time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Narcissism will keep you going for a long, long time.

Also if your brain starts to go you won't even know what the fuck is happening a lot of the time.
Yeah dementia is the worse case scenario because you may not have enough faculties to eat the bullet. Shit was much less complicated when you died plowing the field in your early 40's.

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

Musab

Molten Core Raider
Yeah dementia is the worse case scenario because you may not have enough faculties to eat the bullet. Shit was much less complicated when you died plowing the field in your early 40's.
Pull a Robin Williams and punch out before it gets that bad.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

That’s a pretty spot-on description of Martin Manley.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Pull a Robin Williams and punch out before it gets that bad.
That is my plan.

1633227496913.png

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
man everytime i see a "shotgun plan" i think of that metalhead that was on the phone, got bad customer service or something, then pulled the shotgun on and blew his head off while the cats slow sauntered in, while livestream.
Its almost impossible with a shotgun due to length. Unless you get creative and shit and lets be real, getting creative should not be a factor when contemplating something this...permanent. Shockwave would need about a 18" - 20" reach which should be doable for a normal sized male. And the only reason I choose the gauge over a pistol is in this instance you want to cut the odds of survival to 0.00%.

• 1Garbage

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Its almost impossible with a shotgun due to length. Unless you get creative and shit and lets be real, getting creative should not be a factor when contemplating something this...permanent. Shockwave would need about a 18" - 20" reach which should be doable for a normal sized male. And the only reason I choose the gauge over a pistol is in this instance you want to cut the odds of survival to 0.00%.

Damn, I completely misread your intent. I thought it was a "do unto others" plan considering we're heading towards living in a giant communist shithole by the time we die. Personally, I want to ruin someone else's final day before they finally put me down for being useless to The Collective. My bad....lol. Carry on.

• 2Picard
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
this is why you white ppl should either jerle or live with your kids when you become old white ppl, cuz if you get put away in a nursing home, Kang nogs are gonna run your old feeble white ass over.
One of the reasons my parents and I are living together now that they have retired. I won't see them put into a nursing home while I am alive.

• 9Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Damn, I completely misread your intent. I thought it was a "do unto others" plan considering we're heading towards living in a giant communist shithole by the time we die. Personally, I want to ruin someone else's final day before they finally put me down for being useless to The Collective. My bad....lol. Carry on.
Nah, I am not homicidal. Given a choice I prefer my end of days to be on my own terms and not just wasting away in a home someplace not able to enjoy any quality of life. That is really the key. Once one's existence has been reduced to breathing because its autonomic and not much else, I dont consider it living. I also have a DNR in place. I wont spend my end days tied to a machine.

Odds are we should have a separate thread to discuss planning for our personal end of days.

• 3Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Nah, I am not homicidal. Given a choice I prefer my end of days to be on my own terms and not just wasting away in a home someplace not able to enjoy any quality of life. That is really the key. Once one's existence has been reduced to breathing because its autonomic and not much else, I dont consider it living. I also have a DNR in place. I wont spend my end days tied to a machine.

Odds are we should have a separate thread to discuss planning for our personal end of days.
But aren't you the perfect MMO player at that point?

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi

What you've said is obviously reasonable so dont take this the wrong way. I just want to explore this "breathing and not much else" part.

One of the principles I've learned in life is that we never really understand a stage until we've gone through it ourselves. Young single people don't understand married life. Children don't understand parenting. The young and healthy don't understand the old and infirm.

By the time they get there, it doesnt seem like very many of the elderly feel the way about it that you predict in your post you'll feel about it when you get there. What I see is the elderly cling to their jobs long after they should have retired. They cling to responsibilities long after theyre no longer able to carry them out effectively. They cling to "just breathing and not much else" even if it doesnt look appealing - at all - to the young and healthy.

I dunno man. None of us wants to be hooked up to a bunch of tubes and shit, I think we're all on the same page there. But I suspect that as all of our bodies continue to decline and we get older and grumpier, we're not gonna be in any hurry to check out.

I'm guessing we'll just sit around bitching about old people stuff on the FoH v4.0

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
What you've said is obviously reasonable so dont take this the wrong way. I just want to explore this "breathing and not much else" part.

One of the principles I've learned in life is that we never really understand a stage until we've gone through it ourselves. Young single people don't understand married life. Children don't understand parenting. The young and healthy don't understand the old and infirm.

By the time they get there, it doesnt seem like very many of the elderly feel the way about it that you predict in your post you'll feel about it when you get there. What I see is the elderly cling to their jobs long after they should have retired. They cling to responsibilities long after theyre no longer able to carry them out effectively. They cling to "just breathing and not much else" even if it doesnt look appealing - at all - to the young and healthy.

I dunno man. None of us wants to be hooked up to a bunch of tubes and shit, I think we're all on the same page there. But I suspect that as all of our bodies continue to decline and we get older and grumpier, we're not gonna be in any hurry to check out.

I'm guessing we'll just sit around bitching about old people stuff on the FoH v4.0
All valid points. My issue is with when I am no longer able to physically care for myself. I understand our bodies were designed with a shelf-life. That being said I have met people close to a hundred years old who can still get about and tend for themselves. I will go to 200 as long as I can care for myself. What I am addressing is when/if I am broken to the point of being bed-ridden and unable to perform any real functions (eating, going potty etc) unassisted with no prospect of the condition improving. I don't want to ever get to that point.

I view terminal illnesses a bit differently. Something like cancer for example, they could find a cure the next day. So you wait that shit out to the very end.

• 3Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I started a thread in the grown-up section so as not to derail this thread anymore. I asked amod to move these posts over.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users