The Flash

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Pretty dam good, pace was quick but not bad overall. The corny factor was higher than arrow but within tolerable limits!

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
it's really good, wheres all this hate coming from? i mean wtf? DC is a dorky company as far as super heroes goes, but they got the superhero tv drama down.

this one pilot is way better than agents of shield, and i watched every horrible eps of that series.

they modernized this really well, boil it down flash is about a dumb guy that can run stupid fast.

they created a believable particle accelerator backdrop, leading to more wtf meta-humans, they mixed it thawne/zoom/mom really well. (no comic spoilers)

they got the law and order black cop, who plays cop really well, and even geoff johns was a writer in this, probably the only good writer still at DC.

oh and i didn't even get to the cgi/special effects. making a dumb guy run fast leaving a trail of red, look cool is probably hard and this was better than most movie cgi out there

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed the pilot but it was in no way better than Agent's of Shield. It has all the typical nerd hero tropes . That being said I still enjoyed it and will gladly give the show a chance.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Its better than Arrow. Its worse than Arrow.
Its way cornier than Arrow. No, its less corny than Arrow.
Its way better than Agents of shield, no its not nearly as good.

So confused.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
um, no fucking way am i watching this now because the pilot might not be completely finished yet or they may still need to add/remove stuff to liven it up. i am also not going to wait 4 months to see the second episode.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Read the first comment in this thread, check who the OP is, understand the law of the rerolled entertainment forums, and then you'll know whether this is worth watching.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Free to use spoilers in this thread?

Overall I liked it. Probably helped that we had already been introduced to Barry and gotten used to him being the flash.
The rest of the characters seem fine but so far we can only really tell their role rather than any actually characterizations about them.
The pilot did feel rushed though, and seems like a two parter would have been better to cover all the material they did with but more detail and attention to a few of the areas.

Bit apprehensive about the ending, which seems to point towards the large storyline. It's rare that any stories involving time travel or knowing the future turn out well.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I liked it. Go ahead and watch it Chuk, it is a finished product.

The only question I have is:
Are they just going to ignore Felicity completely?? He was pretty clearly going to profess his love for Iris, and he's butthurt about her hooking up with Officer Prettyboy, so wtf happened to Felicity going to see him a bunch of times before his coma? Is he just gonna hit it and quit it?

I get them needing to move away from an inter-show romance, but at least give me some closure or something. Can't a guy get a little romance!?

Devlin

Golden Squire
Just finished watching it. It's not too bad at all tbh. I don't watch Arrow because I don't like character at all even in the comics, I tried a few episodes and couldn't get into it.

I do like the Flash. I've read a lot of the comics and I thought the tv show had a lot of potential to be shit but it surprised me by actually being enjoyable and captured the spirit of the character well.

Agents of Shield was unwatchable, I think I lasted 4 episodes then tapped out.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I liked it. Go ahead and watch it Chuk, it is a finished product.

The only question I have is:
Are they just going to ignore Felicity completely?? He was pretty clearly going to profess his love for Iris, and he's butthurt about her hooking up with Officer Prettyboy, so wtf happened to Felicity going to see him a bunch of times before his coma? Is he just gonna hit it and quit it?

I get them needing to move away from an inter-show romance, but at least give me some closure or something. Can't a guy get a little romance!?
bleh ok, i will still watch the pilot again when the season starts in october.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yeah it looks about as finished as its ever likely to get. i thought it was pretty sweet.
of course its a little rough around the edges, i really want to punch that stupid grin off cisco's face and i dont really know wtf is up with the future room and the newspaper headline from 2024. im sure newspaper companies will be happy that they will still be in business ten years from now
smile.png
the villain was fine, detective prettyboy( Eobard Thawne AKA Professor Zoom?) reminds me of a young Dennis Leary. is he going to get all butthurt that barry steals his mulatto gf from him so he develops an unhealthy obsession with barry and maybe goes back in time and kills his mom for revenge?
-edit
actually now that im reading prfessor zoom's wiki, it might be thawne transfered over to starling city from wherever to take over brarry's identity and thats why hes dating that chick. so maybe he already has the unhealthy obsession due to travelling from the future?
Professor Zoom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
anyway, i really enjoyed that and i dunno why the fuck supertouch would say it was terrible, why do you say such things?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Do we count this as us converting Chuk or supertouch alienating Chuk from the dark side?

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The day after this 'leaks' we get the CW promoting the fuck out of this. Airing the two Barry Allen episodes of Arrow, then the premiere, then airing the premiere again after Arrow and then doing the same for the second episode the next week.

They want to make damn sure that people know about it, plus if it turns out that more people watch when it airs after Arrow than do on the normal airtime they might just switch it up.