The FoH Racism Policy Going Forward

Archmage Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
53d 15h 40m
Reactions
9,667 502 0 0
There's been a lot of talk about racism on the forums lately, and the Amod team has had a discussion regarding this and decided on a policy going forward.

All posters here on FoH by default will be treated as the lowest level of "The Progressive Stack": An able bodied, heterosexual, white male. Should you choose to reveal your identity as something other than a shitlord, it will not be grounds for special treatment, but the opposite of special treatment. You will be opening yourself up to ridicule based on this identity. If you can't handle this fact, then don't reveal personal info to others on this forum.

Similarly to the phrase "there are no girls on the internet" there are no minorities here on FoH. Whether you are a woman, Asian, black, gay, bi, trans, a cancer patient, Russian, fat, an exhibitionist, Jewish, an attack helicopter, crazy, a redneck, came here on a raft, a white supremacist, autistic, or anything else, it will be assumed you are divulging this personal info as a means of generating sympathy or attention, and other users will be free to mock you based upon this new info. This includes all slurs that are not included in the word filter.

Viewed in this light, the Amod team has decided to treat any slurs not in the word filter the same as curse words and other insults and name-calling directed from one poster to another: They will be ignored until those insults rise to the level of egregiously disrupting a thread, or threatening another user with doxxing, personal real life harm, and things of that nature.

With that said, in a concession to people of an Asian persuasion, and our continuing desire to avoid the ire of the authorities, we have decided to add 2 more words to the word filter: "Faulty Armor" and "Faulty Armor".

We're not sure what to filter those words to, however, and are asking the FoH community for suggestions.
So far, Comrade Araysar has come up with "college graduate", which isn't bad, but I'm betting the creative autists out there might be able to do better.

-The Amod Team

Hateyou

<Donors Crew>
25d 10h 8m
Reactions
7,776 450 0 0
There's been a lot of talk about racism on the forums lately, and the Amod team has had a discussion regarding this and decided on a policy going forward.

All posters here on FoH by default will be treated as the lowest level of "The Progressive Stack": An able bodied, heterosexual, white male. Should you choose to reveal your identity as something other than a shitlord, it will not be grounds for special treatment, but the opposite of special treatment. You will be opening yourself up to ridicule based on this identity. If you can't handle this fact, then don't reveal personal info to others on this forum.

Similarly to the phrase "there are no girls on the internet" there are no minorities here on FoH. Whether you are a woman, Asian, black, gay, bi, trans, a cancer patient, Russian, fat, an exhibitionist, Jewish, an attack helicopter, crazy, a redneck, came here on a raft, a white supremacist, autistic, or anything else, it will be assumed you are divulging this personal info as a means of generating sympathy or attention, and other users will be free to mock you based upon this new info. This includes all slurs that are not included in the word filter.

Viewed in this light, the Amod team has decided to treat any slurs not in the word filter the same as curse words and other insults and name-calling directed from one poster to another: They will be ignored until those insults rise to the level of egregiously disrupting a thread, or threatening another user with doxxing, personal real life harm, and things of that nature.

With that said, in a concession to people of an Asian persuasion, and our continuing desire to avoid the ire of the authorities, we have decided to add 2 more words to the word filter: "Faulty Armor" and "Faulty Armor".

We're not sure what to filter those words to, however, and are asking the FoH community for suggestions.
So far, Comrade Araysar has come up with "college graduate", which isn't bad, but I'm betting the creative autists out there might be able to do better.

-The Amod Team
Faulty Armor could auto correct to chink, and Faulty Armor could auto-correct to slant-eye.

Or everything to auto-correct to Charlie or ricer.

TBT-TheBigToe

Lesbian Icon
<Donors Crew>
33d 13h 58m
Reactions
7,745 260 0 0
Why are they both slurs typically used to describe the Vietnamese? Or is it that just I have seen too many Vietnam War movies and not spent enough time around actual racists?

Faulty Armour gets a second from me, mostly because that is the slur for Asians I am most familiar with and it is funny.

Last edited:

joz123

Blackwing Lair Raider
14d 11h 55m
Reactions
1,375 198 0 0
Any asian term should auto-correct to Sulu.

pharmakos

bµɐʁwɐʞoƨ
<Donors Crew>
19d 22h 28m
Reactions
5,389 2,033 0 0
so we should just delete the Health Problems thread? ...

the official stance of the forum is that if you talk about any issues you have then you're just looking for sympathy, so yeah, why the fuck should a thread like that exist.

honestly this is pretty fucked up.

pharmakos

bµɐʁwɐʞoƨ
<Donors Crew>
19d 22h 28m
Reactions
5,389 2,033 0 0
i guess suineg is just looking for attention when he talks about his daughter's Lyme disease.

suineg

<Donors Crew>
31d 10h 36m
Reactions
22,677 2,261 0 0
i guess suineg is just looking for attention when he talks about his daughter's Lyme disease.
You aren't getting the statement at all.

It's almost like there is a grown up part of the forum and there is a rest of the forum ....

Also, yeah me posting about my cancer or my daughter's Lyme has a component of sympathy attached to it. The point is that posting about those things don't give me the right to be a protected class of some sort. I can't complain if Lumi then says I am stupid for not rubbing garlic on my lymph nodes. If I never brought it up to begin with it couldn't be used against me.

pharmakos

bµɐʁwɐʞoƨ
<Donors Crew>
19d 22h 28m
Reactions
5,389 2,033 0 0
all i'm saying is, if your official stance is that talking about being anything other than a cisgendered heterosexual white healthy middle aged male means you're looking for sympathy or attention, then you're not really doing much to make the site seem non-bigoted.

maybe work on the wording, because i get what you're saying, but right now the way it's put sounds pretty awful.

pharmakos

bµɐʁwɐʞoƨ
<Donors Crew>
19d 22h 28m
Reactions
5,389 2,033 0 0
It's almost like there is a grown up part of the forum and there is a rest of the forum ....
and if the stance is that saying it in the Grown Up forum exempts you from the "attention seeker" label, then you're going to have to make a rule that antagonists aren't allowed to drag anything said in the Grown Up forum into the other forums as ammo.

Mario Speedwagon

Shitpost Plumber
<Moderation Tools>
21d 13h 50m
Reactions
42,254 2,177 0 0
all i'm saying is, if your official stance is that talking about being anything other than a cisgendered heterosexual white healthy middle aged male means you're looking for sympathy or attention, then you're not really doing much to make the site seem non-bigoted.

maybe work on the wording, because i get what you're saying, but right now the way it's put sounds pretty awful.
Shut the fuck up cracker

Archmage Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
53d 15h 40m
Reactions
9,667 502 0 0
Fuck off with your concern trolling bullshit.

I specifically included every protected class I could think of from the Amod team as a demonstration that none of us are protected classes, you half-wit.

pharmakos

bµɐʁwɐʞoƨ
<Donors Crew>
19d 22h 28m
Reactions
5,389 2,033 0 0
the official stance of the website is that outing yourself as anything other than "an able bodied, heterosexual, white male" means you're opening yourself up to ridicule... and you don't think that's bigoted...

i'm really not sure about this community anymore, seriously. not just "concern trolling."

pharmakos

bµɐʁwɐʞoƨ
<Donors Crew>
19d 22h 28m
Reactions
5,389 2,033 0 0
you don't have to be a "liberal cuck" or anything to see the flaw in that logic, come on guys.

suineg

<Donors Crew>
31d 10h 36m
Reactions
22,677 2,261 0 0

You aren't understanding the phrase at all. I am going to explain this exactly once.

He isn't saying that you for sure are. Even if you are who gives a shit. The point is that providing any of that information that is of a personal nature and then complaining that people use that information against you later on is entirely between you and that person.

There is one thing that the other users need to know about you and that is your user name. Any extra information you bring to the table is fair game to make fun of you and for you to dish back. This has been the case for decades here.

lurkingdirk

<Donors Crew>
22d 21m
Reactions
5,322 1,159 0 0
As an albino, lesbian, Inuit, midget who identifies as a black 10 year old, I find this troublesome.

Comrade Araysar

Russian Turdgod
<Banned>
Reactions
54,265 4,902 0 0

What is up with you? All youve been doing for the past week is bitching and moaning about anything and everything. Is everything OK at home?

DickTrickle

Analrapist
<Donors Crew>
26d 15h 22m
Reactions
4,364 610 0 0
the official stance of the website is that outing yourself as anything other than "an able bodied, heterosexual, white male" means you're opening yourself up to ridicule... and you don't think that's bigoted...

i'm really not sure about this community anymore, seriously. not just "concern trolling."
Maybe this is more in response to people complaining and reporting than the shit related to olscratch and keg. In other words, it's not about external appearances.

Also, you're officially the new dicktrickle, it seems.