Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
1.67 star(s) Rating: 1.67/5 3 Votes
Title: The Fountain (2006)

Tagline: Death is the road to awe

Genre: Drama, Adventure, Science Fiction, Romance

Director: Darren Aronofsky

Cast: Hugh Jackman, Rachel Weisz, Ellen Burstyn, Mark Margolis, Stephen McHattie, Fernando Hernandez, Sean Patrick Thomas, Donna Murphy, Ethan Suplee, Richard McMillan, Lorne Brass, Boyd Banks, Kevin Kelsall, Cliff Curtis, Abraham Aronofsky

Release: 2006-09-06

Runtime: 96

Plot: Spanning over one thousand years, and three parallel stories, The Fountain is a story of love, death, spirituality, and the fragility of our existence in this world.

• 1Picard
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
In 2006 my girlfriend (now wife) and I were dating and decided to see a movie. As this was the first time we went and saw a movie together I let her pick. She chose to go see The Fountain. This was the second time in my life I felt like I wasted hours of my life in a movie theater (the first time was seeing the Thin Red Line). This movie is an unmitigated cluster fuck of bullshit. The narrative is trash and there is no coherent story. The only people who enjoyed this love the smell of their own shit. Jesus Christ fuck you for reminding me this movie exists.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
In 2006 my girlfriend (now wife) and I were dating and decided to see a movie. As this was the first time we went and saw a movie together I let her pick. She chose to go see The Fountain. This was the second time in my life I felt like I wasted hours of my life in a movie theater (the first time was seeing the Thin Red Line). This movie is an unmitigated cluster fuck of bullshit. The narrative is trash and there is no coherent story. The only people who enjoyed this love the smell of their own shit. Jesus Christ fuck you for reminding me this movie exists.
You die. You go to hell and you die.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I think I remember this having the occasional neat image or something? Like The Cell did?

But fuck if I can remember anything other than Hugh Jackman was in it, and he might have been pretending to be a scientist?

Fuck, I dunno man, and it’s too much work to want to watch this again.

Szlia

The two main things I remember about this movie are that the whole last chapter is some serious new age doodoo and that Rachel Weisz in the part of the dying wife was great.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
And that they avoided CGI special effects in favor of old-school ILM style effects. Director said CGI ages poorly and makes anything past a particular bend of tech unwatchable.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
And that they avoided CGI special effects in favor of old-school ILM style effects. Director said CGI ages poorly and makes anything past a particular bend of tech unwatchable.
And this right here is why I like the movie. And the soundtrack.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I really like this movie. Its my favorite artsy film of all time.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I enjoy it quite a a bit. The tone, music, and atmosphere of it just works for me. Nonsense concept though.

• 2Like

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Hated this thing. One of the most boring/waste of time movies I've seen. My fiance - later wife - now ex, had us go see this POS. I should have taken that as a sign.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database