The Fuck Disney Thread

• 'Tis the season Guest, the season for FoH Moderator elections!

Make your way to the Moderator Campaigning and Voting Forum and create your thread now!

Do you have what it takes to keep FoH great?
  • As you probably know Guest, the site was set to a redirect to 8kun on Friday Dec 6th. The cause of this is still being investigated.

If you are still having issues with redirects, clear your browser cache dating back to a point before Dec 6th and FoH should be functional for you again. Thank you for your patience in this matter - FoH Staff

MusicForFish

Space Command
<Medals Crew>
68d 22h 22m
Post your pedo encounters from the Mickey mouse club here.
Also your sheer hatred of the Disney empire.

Thx @chuck

As a shitty first post with zero deep dive.
The well known Pedo sigil, in "Its a small world" pops out in your face as you round a corner.
7Q3v2Jl_d.jpg

• 1Salty
Reactions: Mudcrush Durtfeet

Cybsled

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
20d 13m
It's a world of worfs
A world of shit posts
It's a world of picards
And a world of fail boats
There's so much that we don't care
That it's time you're made aware
This thread belongs in the rickshaw after all....

Chukzombi

Vizconde de Plata del Reino
136d 20h 19m
Post your pedo encounters from the Mickey mouse club here.
Also your sheer hatred of the Disney empire.

Thx @chuck

As a shitty first post with zero deep dive.
The well known Pedo sigil, in "Its a small world" pops out in your face as you round a corner.
View attachment 225644
i havent made a thread yet because i wasnt sure if this belonged in movies tv or what.
lets see how this turnsout
In the book, Iger explains that Disney purchased Lucas' outlines for three new movies when it made a deal to acquire Lucasfilm in 2012 — although that purchase was, in part, made out of a sense of obligation, it's suggested; "[W]e decided we needed to buy them," the chief exec writes of the decision made with studio head Alan Horn, "though we made clear in the purchase agreement that we would not be contractually obligated to adhere to the plot lines he'd laid out."
As it turned out, Disney and Lucasfilm didn't follow Lucas' lead for the new movies, a decision Lucas discovered when Lucasfilm head Kathleen Kennedy and Star Wars: The Force Awakens writers J.J. Abrams and Michael Arndt met to discuss the new trilogy, and specifically the 2015 installment.
"George immediately got upset as they began to describe the plot and it dawned on him that we weren't using one of the stories he submitted during the negotiations," Iger writes. "George knew we weren't contractually bound to anything, but he thought that our buying the story treatments was a tacit promise that we'd follow them, and he was disappointed that his story was being discarded. I'd been so careful since our first conversation not to mislead him in any way, and I didn't think I had now, but I could have handled it better."
Added the CEO: "George felt betrayed, and while this whole process would never have been easy for him, we'd gotten off to an unnecessarily rocky start."
Things didn't improve when Lucas saw the finished movie. Following a private screening, Iger recalls, Lucas "didn't hide his disappointment. 'There's nothing new,' he said. In each of the films in the original trilogy, it was important to him to present new worlds, new stories, new characters, and new technologies. In this one, he said, 'There weren't enough visual or technical leaps forward.' He wasn't wrong, but he also wasn't appreciating the pressure we were under to give ardent fans a film that felt quintessentially Star Wars."

so they opened up a Star Wars theme park with a planet theme from a movie that hasnt been released yet with almost no characters from the original star wars. it was originally slated to be tattooine and feature all original star wars characters, but Iger scrapped that. nobody showed up so of course Iger doesnt get fired. so the axe had to fall on someone.
Catherine Powell, President of Disney Parks West, has resigned her post amid disappointing numbers in attendance at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Walt Disney World and Disneyland.
Her position has been eliminated, and she will work to assist her staff in transitioning to reporting to Bob Chapek, Chairman of Disney Parks, Products and Experiences.
This news comes in sharp contrast to a New York Times profile of Disney CEO Bob Iger on Sunday, in which Iger promised to have more women in top executive positions within the Walt Disney Company in an effort to promote gender equality in the workplace.
According to the company, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, which opened at Disneyland in May of this year and at Walt Disney World’s Hollywood Studios only a month ago, have fallen short of the projected attendance goals. Hype about crowding at the new Star Wars-themed lands–much of it put forth by the Walt Disney Company itself–seems to have deterred Guests from visiting the parks after the new lands opened.

from August

Sandra Kuba, who worked for 18 years in Disney’s revenue operations unit before being fired in 2017, said in the filings reviewed by MarketWatch that company revenue was over-reported by as much as $6 billion in a single year. The exaggerated figures, she claimed, were arrived at through several means, including recording made-up revenue for free rounds of golf or guest promotions; or recording the full face value of $500 gift cards even if guests paid a significantly discounted rate. Exploiting weaknesses in the company’s accounting software enabled the inaccuracies to remain undetected, she contended.

for MFF

Last edited:

Zapatta

Potato del Grande
163d 1h 53m
i havent made a thread yet because i wasnt sure if this belonged in movies tv or what.
lets see how this turnsout
In the book, Iger explains that Disney purchased Lucas' outlines for three new movies when it made a deal to acquire Lucasfilm in 2012 — although that purchase was, in part, made out of a sense of obligation, it's suggested; "[W]e decided we needed to buy them," the chief exec writes of the decision made with studio head Alan Horn, "though we made clear in the purchase agreement that we would not be contractually obligated to adhere to the plot lines he'd laid out."
As it turned out, Disney and Lucasfilm didn't follow Lucas' lead for the new movies, a decision Lucas discovered when Lucasfilm head Kathleen Kennedy and Star Wars: The Force Awakens writers J.J. Abrams and Michael Arndt met to discuss the new trilogy, and specifically the 2015 installment.
"George immediately got upset as they began to describe the plot and it dawned on him that we weren't using one of the stories he submitted during the negotiations," Iger writes. "George knew we weren't contractually bound to anything, but he thought that our buying the story treatments was a tacit promise that we'd follow them, and he was disappointed that his story was being discarded. I'd been so careful since our first conversation not to mislead him in any way, and I didn't think I had now, but I could have handled it better."
Added the CEO: "George felt betrayed, and while this whole process would never have been easy for him, we'd gotten off to an unnecessarily rocky start."
Things didn't improve when Lucas saw the finished movie. Following a private screening, Iger recalls, Lucas "didn't hide his disappointment. 'There's nothing new,' he said. In each of the films in the original trilogy, it was important to him to present new worlds, new stories, new characters, and new technologies. In this one, he said, 'There weren't enough visual or technical leaps forward.' He wasn't wrong, but he also wasn't appreciating the pressure we were under to give ardent fans a film that felt quintessentially Star Wars."

so they opened up a Star Wars theme park with a planet theme from a movie that hasnt been released yet with almost no characters from the original star wars. it was originally slated to be tattooine and feature all original star wars characters, but Iger scrapped that. nobody showed up so of course Iger doesnt get fired. so the axe had to fall on someone.
Catherine Powell, President of Disney Parks West, has resigned her post amid disappointing numbers in attendance at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Walt Disney World and Disneyland.
Her position has been eliminated, and she will work to assist her staff in transitioning to reporting to Bob Chapek, Chairman of Disney Parks, Products and Experiences.
This news comes in sharp contrast to a New York Times profile of Disney CEO Bob Iger on Sunday, in which Iger promised to have more women in top executive positions within the Walt Disney Company in an effort to promote gender equality in the workplace.
According to the company, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, which opened at Disneyland in May of this year and at Walt Disney World’s Hollywood Studios only a month ago, have fallen short of the projected attendance goals. Hype about crowding at the new Star Wars-themed lands–much of it put forth by the Walt Disney Company itself–seems to have deterred Guests from visiting the parks after the new lands opened.

from August

Sandra Kuba, who worked for 18 years in Disney’s revenue operations unit before being fired in 2017, said in the filings reviewed by MarketWatch that company revenue was over-reported by as much as $6 billion in a single year. The exaggerated figures, she claimed, were arrived at through several means, including recording made-up revenue for free rounds of golf or guest promotions; or recording the full face value of $500 gift cards even if guests paid a significantly discounted rate. Exploiting weaknesses in the company’s accounting software enabled the inaccuracies to remain undetected, she contended.

for MFF
Yeah Mr. I Make Movies to Sell Toys felt very betrayed while he had a Teddy Bear Pinic with real Ewoks he had genetically engineered with his billions.

Chukzombi

136d 20h 19m
Yeah Mr. I Make Movies to Sell Toys felt very betrayed while he had a Teddy Bear Pinic with real Ewoks he had genetically engineered with his billions.
he got 4 billion dollars from the sale, but he was already a billionaire, i imagine you still give a fuck about how your life's work is being handled even if you were paid handsomely for it. though with Hamill, people feel bad for him, but he read the script and still fucked over Luke Skywalker because the money truck backed up to his house. its hard to gauge how phoney some of these people really are.

Zapatta

Potato del Grande
163d 1h 53m
he got 4 billion dollars from the sale, but he was already a billionaire, i imagine you still give a fuck about how your life's work is being handled even if you were paid handsomely for it. though with Hamill, people feel bad for him, but he read the script and still fucked over Luke Skywalker because the money truck backed up to his house. its hard to gauge how phoney some of these people really are.

Of the original 3, Lucas only wrote 1.5, of the prequels he went 3 for 3 ... No reason in the world he should have thought they would use anything he wrote. He Crystal Skulls everything he touches.

Chukzombi

136d 20h 19m
Of the original 3, Lucas only wrote 1.5, of the prequels he went 3 for 3 ... No reason in the world he should have thought they would use anything he wrote. He Crystal Skulls everything he touches.
it depends, American Graffiti was an awesome film. Raiders Of The Lost Ark was an awesome film. Willow was a good film. dude isnt shit, he just became shit over time. it doesnt diminish his past works. George also made bank with his toy lines, nobody had faith in Star Wars and so when the Star Wars kicked off, he took in the majority of the profits.
look at how its declined after disney took over.
if i was George and given how stinking rich i am, i would still be upset how my IP is being raped into oblivion. even worse than he did himself in later years. at least he still kept the focus of his prequels on original chars. DIsney is chasing some imaginary demographic. kids just dont give a shit about star wars anymore, they should have kept the demo on the original fans who would still have been buying their shit for decades to come.

Harkon

Trakanon Raider
14d 10h 4m
it depends, American Graffiti was an awesome film. Raiders Of The Lost Ark was an awesome film. Willow was a good film. dude isnt shit, he just became shit over time. it doesnt diminish his past works. George also made bank with his toy lines, nobody had faith in Star Wars and so when the Star Wars kicked off, he took in the majority of the profits.
if i was George and given how stinking rich i am, i would still be upset how my IP is being raped into oblivion. even worse than he did himself in later years. at least he still kept the focus of his prequels on original chars. DIsney is chasing some imaginary demographic. kids just dont give a shit about star wars anymore, they should have kept the demo on the original fans who would still have been buying their shit for decades to come.
Well they wanted to burn everything down to start anew, and so they did, including their toy sales.

Chukzombi

136d 20h 19m
Well they wanted to burn everything down to start anew, and so they did, including their toy sales.
Thats Disney's MO. i havent even gotten into how they ruined the Marvel Comics division. Lithose Lithose is better in that department than i am, but for decades fans loved the comics and now that its being handled by DIsney, they went full on woke and its in the shitter as a result. Disney is requiring comic book shops buy tons of shitty comics with varying covers in order to get the "good" ones, so comic shops are closing down in droves because they cant move the mountain of product they are being forced to purchase. Disney is fucking things up in every aspect and its causing a huge backlash. its why their theme parks are declining. so what does disney do? they are jacking up their prices at the theme parks and hotels to make up for the losses, which is making less normal people able to afford to go. thus their empire is crumbling.
next year, when woke MCU films start being released for their phase 4. we will see how bad things can really get. its also going to be interesting to see how their streaming service does.

Fucker

Trakanon Raider
Let's not forget Red Tails. It was the movie no one wanted to fund, and it left him so butt hurt that he quit making movies and Cartmanned out.

iannis

Chairman Meow
64d 4h 36m
It's really hard to feel any sympathy for George Lucas about Star Wars.

If he'd stopped at 3... but he didn't. He made those prequels. That was all him. TLJ was even worse than the prequels, but the rest of the new star wars movies have been better. Even the shitty one offs have been better than any of the prequels. Granted the only way the bar could be lower is if the prequels had been made for tv after school specials... but it's still a true statement to say Disney recussitated the franchise. Briefly.

Lucas made a couple of good movies and then he pivoted to doing what seems to have actually interested him at skywalker ranch. He's more of an engineer than a director, and a better engineer. Sort of the problem with the prequels and the re-releases of the original trilogy (remember those inserted scenes bullshit?)... he loves the tech to the detriment of the story. American Grafitti was good, but it wasn't visionary or anything. And he was very young, and lets be honest -- that was mostly Harrison Ford.

Disney was right to pander to his fragile ego until the ink dried. And then ignore 95% of what he was talking about. I mean TLJ is a mockery, but they were still right about that.