The Fuck Disney Thread

Chukzombi

Vizconde Dorado del Reino
145d 7h 24m
Fuck George Lucas though really, it's his own goddamn fault and he can cry over his in a pool of his 3 billion dollars what a faggot. If you want to see how dogshit Dinsey is you should hear the story about how they buttfucked Robin Williams, Disney leadership are truly evil cocksuckers.
well, this is the Fuck Disney thread, please share.

OneofOne

Vyemm Raider
53d 3h 54m

Chukzombi

145d 7h 24m
thats hardly a buttfucking, he was paid well for his voice work, he even got a fucking Picasso as a thank you. voice actors dont always fare so well.

BoozeCube

The Wokest
<Prior Amod>
131d 1h 25m
well, this is the Fuck Disney thread, please share.
Sadly I can't find the link that fully goes deep dive into this but here are some of the more key parts.

"Robin Williams voiced the Genie for SAG scale pay ($75,000), on condition that his name or image not be used for marketing, and his (supporting) character not take more than 25% of space on advertising artwork, since Toys was scheduled for release one month after Aladdin's debut. For financial reasons, the studio went back on the deal on both counts, especially in poster art by having the Genie in 25% of the image, but having other major and supporting characters portrayed considerably smaller." - Wikipedia

Sanrith Descartes

Get off my fucking lawn!
<Silver Donator>
20d 16h 33m

OneofOne

Vyemm Raider
53d 3h 54m
thats hardly a buttfucking, he was paid well for his voice work, he even got a fucking Picasso as a thank you. voice actors dont always fare so well.
I concur, so I looked further. Turns out, I'm going to agree with Robins to an extent - sounds like they really did take advantage of him. The value of the Picasso was a fraction of what his normal pay was at the time - $750k vs $8m. And he didn't even like it.

• 1Salty
Reactions: Mudcrush Durtfeet

OneofOne

Vyemm Raider
53d 3h 54m
Even better (different) story from that link:

"The news station states that Disney knew what happened, and had video evidence substantiating the child’s account. But it chose not to promptly report the crime to the local police in Florida. Instead, it reported the crime the next day, after the ship was headed to the Bahamas. The news station accuses Disney of lying and trying to cover the incident up. Once the cruise ship reached the Bahamas, the crew member – identified as Milton Braganza from India (photo bottom) – eventually admitted to molesting the child. Disney then flew the crew member home to India, at the cruise line’s expense, rather than arrange for him to return to Florida to be arrested."

• 2WTF
Reactions: Hateyou and Chanur

Chukzombi

145d 7h 24m

"The news station states that Disney knew what happened, and had video evidence substantiating the child’s account. But it chose not to promptly report the crime to the local police in Florida. Instead, it reported the crime the next day, after the ship was headed to the Bahamas. The news station accuses Disney of lying and trying to cover the incident up. Once the cruise ship reached the Bahamas, the crew member – identified as Milton Braganza from India (photo bottom) – eventually admitted to molesting the child. Disney then flew the crew member home to India, at the cruise line’s expense, rather than arrange for him to return to Florida to be arrested."
its amazing how shitty this company is.

AngryGerbil

Potato del Grande
<Donor>

Sounds like the Catholic church. "We can't let it be known that we employed a child molester because it looks bad for The Org. Never mind morality and common sense, we're very rich so not only do those things not apply to us, but let's see if we can't try to just cover it up completely."

Chukzombi

145d 7h 24m
At the time of the interview, Sutter was on the cusp of becoming a Disney employee. When asked about conversations with Landgraf and Walden, his reputation and how he might fit under the more cuddly Disney umbrella, the showrunner made it clear that he was aware of the impending culture shift.

"It was just a conversation about, 'This is the current climate. We don't suspect that you're going to sabotage anything, but we need to do the due diligence," he said at the time. "And at first it was disconcerting because I'm like, 'What does that mean? Does it mean there's a new watchdog on my shoulder?' And it didn't mean any of that. It was basically, 'We know who you are, we know what you can do, we have to make sure that when new entities come in that we can vouch for [you]. And at the very least we can say we have had this conversation.' Then there was, in a very politically delicate way, a 'Are there any skeletons in your closet that are gonna come back and bite us in the ass?' And I was like, 'Well, as far as I know, I didn't Weinstein anybody. I may have upset people, I may have said inappropriate things, but there was not [any of that].' But again, they needed to do the due diligence. And as Landgraf says, 'It's a different climate and you have to acknowledge it and be aware of it and move in step with it.'"

Mayans M.C., currently in the midst of airing its second season, was created by Sutter and Elgin James. A decision on a third season has not yet been determined, but Sutter had already announced that he would be ceding day-to-day showrunner duties to James in the event of its return.

FX was acquired by Disney this year when Fox sold its studio assets to the cross-town rival. In the Reporter note, Sutter wrote that he "felt the creative scrutiny of Disney from day one.” adding that notes "on scripts and cuts have been heavy-handed. Demanding a level of dumbing-down story and inane PC restraints like I’ve never experienced before."

• 1Worf
Reactions: Rude