The Gentlemen (2020)

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: The Gentlemen (2020)

Genre: Action, Crime

Director: Guy Ritchie

Cast: Matthew McConaughey, Colin Farrell, Charlie Hunnam, Michelle Dockery, Henry Golding, Hugh Grant, Jeremy Strong, Brittany Ashworth, Jason Wong, Jordan Long, Chidi Ajufo, Mike Bodnar

Release: 2020-01-24

Plot: A very British drug lord tries to sell off his highly profitable empire to a dynasty of Oklahoma billionaires.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Snatch and Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels will have me tuning into Ritchie shit for the rest of my life.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I think I'm the only one but I fucking loved RocknRolla, too

• 6Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 8 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I think I'm the only one but I fucking loved RocknRolla, too

I liked it too, that's why I'm all in on this one. Anytime Ritchie makes a movie about criminals in London I will see it in a theater.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Saw this today, loved it. Felt like Ritchie going back to his beginnings and making an unapologetically British movie, it was hilarious and the cast worked really well together.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Good to hear. Lock, Stock, Snatch, Rock'N'Rolla are just an absolute blast to watch. It's hard to beat that formula for just pure fun.

Have tickets for tomorrow night, very excited to see it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Sadly I got the coronavirus and had to miss seeing the movie this weekend. Hoping to catch it sometime this week when I'm not shitting all over the place.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Yeah really enjoyed it as well, felt very much like a return to Snatch / Lock Stock territory with the wordy dialogue exposition dumps, wildly unbelievable setups, etc. I'd be genuinely curious to see the reactions of younger viewers who never saw early Guy Ritchie stuff, I wonder if this movie feels like pretentious Tarantino rip off or if it still feels like its own thing.

Definitely worth a watch, it does drag in moments but overall the actors really chew the scenery like nobodies business and its fun to see basically McConaughay, Hugh Grant, and Colin Farrell do their thing

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Really enjoyed this. Fun movie, and had some hilarious parts. Well worth a watch. Definitely a movie I'll come back to every few years.

Probably a step below Snatch & Lock, Stock, but right there with Rock'N'Rolla, maybe a bit better.

The flying "Phuoc" boy comment had the whole theater cracking up. The Hunman & Grant lip reading skit and back and forth was great.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Just saw it. Was good but a definitely a slow burn. Reminded me of a Guy Ritchie movie mixed with the pacing of Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. I'm initially giving it an 8 in a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being Snatch.

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Loved it, not as funny as snatch and lock but right up there

really thought a few of the characters would die like Mickey or farrels character

Homsar

I think colin farrell did the best even with little screen time. I loved him throwing up the four fingers after his debt was settled and dealing with ruskies, pig video discussion was great also. That said everyone was great in their roles even Hunnam was pretty solid in this and I can't stand him

• 1Like

Homsar

Also

Farrell's gym rats meant to kill Mickey and saved him which I didn't realize at first. I was tired first night watching and thought they knew they were killing Russians. Love all the little fuck ups in Ritchie's movies that make massive impacts. If Mathew didn't give him the little paper weight things would have been much different

• 1Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database