Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
61L3YhmBjwZW39tZEwhHxiCb3Og.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]The Gong Show[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE][/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2017-06-22[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]In this revival of the 70s classic, each episode celebrates unusually talented and unique performers on a primetime stage. A revolving panel of judges featuring Hollywood's hottest stars praise, critique and gong contestants in one of TV's all-time great variety shows.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

yep, they made a new one. I laughed my ass off. Just like the original its not about the acts, its about the judge's reactions and the host, who incidentally is Mike Myer's playing a character the entire time. Incredibly, this is good and as surreal as it should be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Yeah, I watched the first episode and it was great how they captured the spirit of the original show. I think Meyers is great as the host.

iannis

Musty Nester
I'm imagining America's got talent,but less focused on finding a Vegas act.

So basically an open call for people to come do arty shit and maybe get some face time.

It would kinda take Mike Myers and his personal Canadian goofiness.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Only one episode so far, but I wasn't joking. I laughed harder in that hour than I have in quite a long time.

spronk

FPS noob
they didn't just take the name of the show from the 70s, all the jokes were from that time too. the only thing shittier than the acts were the judges. I'm pretty sure at least half the acts had to be homeless people they recruited to get onto the show the night before.

don't bother wasting your time unless you love watching retards getting positive reinforcement. if at least they trashed the talentless hacks it mighta been funny, but the judges were bigger pussies than Theon Greyjoy

Mike Meyers in weird makeup was sorta interesting but not really

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Forgive my ignorance, but why is Mike Myers playing a character?

Is this an Andy Kaufman/Tony Clifton kind of thing? Do people know it's Mike Myers?

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
elizabeth banks quote from the first act tonight
"oh my god is the cake going to go in her cooch? Is it going right into her cooch? I thought she was going to stuff it right in there!"
During an opera performance.
I am so on board here