The Good Lord Bird

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Izo

Tranny Chaser
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Vote
Title: The Good Lord Bird

Genre: Drama

First aired: 2020-10-04

Creator: Ethan Hawke, Mark Richard

Cast: Ethan Hawke, Daveed Diggs, Steve Zahn, David Morse, Wyatt Russell, Ellar Coltrane, Orlando Jones, Hubert Point-Du Jour, Adam Shapiro, Jack Alcott, Joshua Caleb Johnson

Overview: Enslaved teenager Henry Shackleford, aka Little Onion, becomes a member in abolitionist John Brown’s motley family during the Bleeding Kansas era before the Civil War.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
HBO (eurocuckistan). Emancipation. Ethan Hawke kills it. Best sleeper show so far this fall. Watch it now.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Im watching.

Ethan Hawke has evolved into one of this generations most talented actors. He is so likeable as John Brown and steals every scene he's in.

The lady boy though....is a good enough actor, but overall is annoying and doesn't bring much to the table as a character besides being annoying and a liability.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
great another black slavery movie to add to the gay ass "Black Voices" carousel on Netflix or Amazon

wanking-motion.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
traaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash
obama russia GIF

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Be warned, this show is purportedly almost entirely fiction posing as some historical drama.

Once it has been out for a while, I am sure there will be whole write ups, by historians, on how wrong they get the history. I'll wait until I can read a few of those, before I possibly waste my time on revisionist history and/or outright lies. I don't care how great the writing is, if they horribly fuck up the history, I wont watch it.

For example, Braveheart was a great movie, that I loved growing up, but it was completely ruined when I learned how they fucked up almost all the history in it (fuck you Mel).

A few thoughts after reading through some of the IMDB reviews. Did they really say this is a true story? Are they portraying John Brown like he is just some common uneducated 1800s poor man or as some ignorant crazy white trash type?

John Brown's had a full education (almost). He went to primary school owned by, Elizur Wright Sr. (father of mathematician, Elizur Wright Jr.). At 16 he left home to attend Morris Academy in hoped of becoming a congregational minister, but did not graduate because he ran out of money. He lived through numerous boom and bust cycles and his fortunes rose and fell with them, but he was smart enough to run and own businesses and bounced back after every market crash. When he moved to Springfield, Mass, he was a refined enough gentleman to move about the highest rungs of it's society.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
“All of this is true. Most of it happened”. Every intro. It’s adapted for story, characters, not a documentary, Burns Burns . To a eurocuck like myself it’s good drama from the ignition of the emancipation and a solid homage to the abolitionist hero John Brown. It’s a nice touch with the humor. I quite like it.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just finished it: it was good, with solid production and decent writing. Ethan Hawke's acting was brilliant and the setup was interesting. As for historical inaccuracies I understand it wasn't a documentary and there's necessary dramatization, exaggeration or full madeup stuff, as Burns Burns pointed.

I usually like to watch stuff like Braveheart, JFK, Gladiator and then check and discover how it really happened history wise, it doesn't ruin my experience at all and sometimes improves it. History can be boring, TV and movies are done to entertain, unless you're into heavy revisionism I think it's okay to let it slide sometimes, for the sake of entertainment.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I just finished it up last night as well and the wife and enjoyed it. We didn't get into the first episode and took a break for about a month but the rest of the series was much better.

• 1Like

Animosity

This was a pretty good watch. Ethan Hawke was phenomenal and would not be surprised if he cleans house on all the awards this year.

Onion was such an unlikeable character who you could care less about. Completely spineless throughout the whole show.

Jozu

Yeah the respect, or admiration or whatever the fuck it was that John Brown had for onion was wholly forced and unreasonable.

His daddy was killed in front of him so he then decided to not only take him on as family but actively risk his life and the life of his children for "her". lol

Izo

Tranny Chaser
This was a pretty good watch. Ethan Hawke was phenomenal and would not be surprised if he cleans house on all the awards this year.

Onion was such an unlikeable character who you could care less about. Completely spineless throughout the whole show.
So what you’re saying is that EH will be cheated and Onion wins bc blm? That would fit the theme of the show :D

• 1Solidarity

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Having a passive protagonist is actually a pretty common writing technique, like how Bella is a completely useless character in Twilight.

This was definitely good for what it was. Ethan Hawke and the kids playing his sons definitely carried it, along with Daveed Diggs as a totally ludicrous version of Frederick Douglas.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
TV show information provided by The Movie Database