The Great Wall (2016)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
2.00 star(s) Rating: 2.00/5 2 Votes
Title: The Great Wall (2016)

Tagline: 1700 years to build. 5500 miles long. What were they trying to keep out?

Genre: Adventure, Thriller, Action

Director: Zhang Yi-Mou

Cast: Matt Damon, Jing Tian, Willem Dafoe, Andy Lau, Pedro Pascal, Zhang Hanyu, Lu Han, Lin Gengxin, Eddie Peng, Huang Xuan, Ryan Zheng Kai, Cheney Chen, Pilou Asbæk, Numan Acar, Bing Liu, Karry Wang, Johnny Cicco, Vicky Yu

Release: 2016-12-01

Plot: The story of an elite force making a last stand for humanity on the world’s most iconic structure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQQzYnwRufw[/video]

Jive Turkey

Karen
Where is she getting the idea that Matt Damon's character is there to save the Chinese people? I'm not getting that at all from the trailer. And on top of that, it isn't even a Hollywood production, it's a Chinese one.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Not to mention part of the story is that they bring in the two British generals to help. It's not like they are cast as Chinese. I guess multiculturalism is bad now?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
6_johnwayne.jpg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
If I learned anything about history from movies is white people always save the day it doesn't matter what ducking time period it is we will be there to rescue the day

• 1Solidarity

Reht

Molten Core Raider
If I learned anything about history from movies is white people always save the day it doesn't matter what ducking time period it is we will be there to rescue the day
It's clearly the white man's burden

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
Is this kind of like The Last Samurai but the Chinese version so instead of Tom Cruise we get Matt Damon?

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Is this kind of like The Last Samurai but the Chinese version so instead of Tom Cruise we get Matt Damon?
Looks like it.

It's going to be shit anyway.

Why? it's a Chinese production with a suck ass Chinese Director.

The CGI is going to be horrible, the Chinese actors are going to be bad, hell, imo the only saving grace is Matt Damon and I'm a slant eye, he is my fucking hero. I saw him grow from an actor trying to be comparable to the great Robin Williams to making me vomit watching his shakey cam.

The amount of good movies produced by China in the last 20years can be counted on hand, this will not be one of them.

Also Oberyn is here, so theres that!

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Where is she getting the idea that Matt Damon's character is there to save the Chinese people? I'm not getting that at all from the trailer. And on top of that, it isn't even a Hollywood production, it's a Chinese one.
She needs to rail at the chinese movie viewers if she has a complaint. This is basically a case of token white big named actor to make a chinese film seem like a block buster.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
She needs to rail at the chinese movie viewers if she has a complaint. This is basically a case of token white big named actor to make a chinese film seem like a block buster.
Yea you want to make a movie for China and have it do well? throw in Matt Damon looking guy

c03fd5566a1d17a3ac950b.jpg

FOREIGN TOTAL 10/2/15 $401,728,227
space.gif

China 11/25/15 $94,932,731

bXCAQVK.jpg

‘Jason Bourne’ Storms China With $12.3M Opening Day; Sets Franchise Best
‘Jason Bourne’ Storms China With $12.3M Opening Day; Sets Franchise Best

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Hmm comes out in less than 2 weeks.
Didn't know Matt Damon did a movie about a bunch of immigrants trying to overcome a wall. Trailer I caught looked good.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database