The Haunting of Bly Manor

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 4 Votes
Title: The Haunting of Bly Manor

Genre: Mystery, Drama

First aired: 2020-10-09

Creator: Mike Flanagan

Cast: Victoria Pedretti, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Henry Thomas, Kate Siegel, T'Nia Miller, Rahul Kohli, Benjamin Evan Ainsworth

Overview: After an au pair’s tragic death, Henry Wingrave hires a young American nanny to care for his orphaned niece and nephew who reside at Bly Manor with the estate’s chef Owen, groundskeeper Jamie and housekeeper, Mrs. Grose. But all is not as it seems at the manor, and centuries of dark secrets of love and loss are waiting to be unearthed in this chilling gothic romance. At Bly Manor, dead doesn’t mean gone.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zzen

Potato del Grande
1598882321501.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Fuck yeah. Was just thinking about re watching Hill House, hopefully this is as good.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Don't use IMDB dammit. There is no TMDB entry as of yet so I'll have to fix it properly later.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Just rewatched Hill House over the past few days and it really stood out how little actual horror and scares there were over 10 episodes. Its still a fantastically done show though.

I read a bit about the book that Bly Manor is based on (Turn of the Screw) and it doesnt seem very good. The trailer also doesnt produce much interest or excitement.

Hoping it will turn out good, but so far seems lackluster.

• 1Like

Caliane

yeah, my concern was at first, Turn of the Screw doesn't sound that great.

But, Hill house was a novel... a movie, another movie, a play, a radio drama...

the tv series is an almost unrecognizable adaption itself. So I wouldn't doubt that they will rewrite Bly manor to be something new.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
The ghost appearance in Hill House were one of the more enjoyable Easter egg experiences of TV for me. They earned the benefit of the doubt imo.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
This dropped today. So far not as enraptured by the first episode. The only ghosts or related background things I noticed were the obvious plague doctor ones.

• 1Like

Caliane

It starts VERY slow. basically nothing happens at all till epi 4 or so.
Ghosts could be metaphorical or delusions prior to epi5. But, epi 5 seems to be events outside the sight of the Governess. So hard to argue its not actually happening.

Last edited:

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Watched the first two episodes and liking it so far. Not as good yet as Hill House was but I don’t need a James Wan type retard fest to enjoy some scares.

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Just finished the 5th episode. Much less stuff going on in the background, that I have seen, than Hill House. Slower story, but I'm fully into it. I especially love the housekeeper's story, that was pretty cool.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Just finished the 5th episode. Much less stuff going on in the background, that I have seen, than Hill House. Slower story, but I'm fully into it. I especially love the housekeeper's story, that was pretty cool.

yeah, Hannah's story episode was great. Just finished that one. It is sort of a slow burn I guess? Backstories are coming slow and there's not a ton happening in each episode. Children are creepy enough. But as also mentioned 4-5 feel like it moves things out of the set up phase and in to actual plot phase. Gonna keep going through the night while doing stuff around the house.

Caliane

it was coolish... but, gave me huge "who the fuck talks like this?" vibe. it was practically phoebe cates "why I hate Christmas"

TV show information provided by The Movie Database