The Hollow Crown

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I dunno if we have any Shakespeare buffs out there, but this came out in 2012 and I didn't see anything about it on the forums. If you're a fan of historical dramas or theater, check out The Hollow Crown. BBC 2 produced it last year, and it's basically one long retelling of the entire Henriad with the same cast.

It's got a hell of a lot of great actors too. I'm not usually a big Shakespeare fan, but I really enjoyed the first episode (which is basicallyRichard II). I'm really looking forward to watching the rest.

The Hollow Crown

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i thought the title said The Hollow Clown. would have liked a series about shallow circus performers.
tongue.png

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
Filming has begun on the second series of the Hollow Crown (the plays Henry VI Parts I, II and III and Richard III), I doubt it will be out before next year though.

BBC News - Benedict Cumberbatch and Andrew Scott reunite for BBC Shakespeare

The cast includes Benedict Cumberbatch, Andrew Scott (yes, Moriarty as well as Sherlock), Michael Gambon, Judi Dench and Keeley Hawes. A pretty good lineup if not quite at the level of the first series (including Patrick Stewart, Jeremy Irons, John Hurt, Tom Hiddleston, Julie Walters, David Suchet, Richard Griffiths and Ben Whishaw)