The Holy Mountain (1973)

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Holy Mountain (1973)

Genre: Drama

Director: Alejandro Jodorowsky

Cast: Alejandro Jodorowsky, Horacio Salinas, Zamira Saunders, Juan Ferrara, Adriana Page, Burt Kleiner, Valerie Jodorowsky, Nicky Nichols, Richard Rutowski, Luis Lomelí, Ana De Sade, Jacqueline Voltaire, Chucho-Chucho

Release: 1973-05-01

Runtime: 114

Plot: A Mexican master leads a Christ figure and other disciples to a mountain of immortal wise men. The scandal of the 1973 Cannes Film Festival, writer/director Alejandro Jodorowsky's flood of sacrilegious imagery and existential symbolism in The Holy Mountain is a spiritual quest for enlightenment pitting illusion against truth. The Alchemist (Jodorowsky) assembles together a group of people from all walks of life to represent the planets in the solar system. The occult adept's intention is to put his recruits through strange mystical rites and divest them of their worldly baggage before embarking on a trip to Lotus Island. There they ascend the Holy Mountain to displace the immortal gods who secretly rule the universe.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
So I posted this because it's the weirdest fucking movie I've ever seen, and I'm curious if anyone else has seen this before. I definitely was not a fan of the movie, but it's so godamn crazy that its worth a watch for that reason. The last thing I remember is from it was some guy in a field, shitting on a hot plate and taking a fat bong rip off of it. wtf

I heard about this movie because of a music video that uses clips from it:

edit: some NSFW full-frontal in this music video, btw

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I spent too many hours in college getting altered one substance or another and watching this movie.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I might have taken a tiny little itty bitty little bit o' LCD before watching this movie. It didn't help.

Yeah, looking back, the drugs were completely unnecessary for this movie, it's definitely weird and trippy enough on its own.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, looking back, the drugs were completely unnecessary for this movie, it's definitely weird and trippy enough on its own.
Want a movie that's F- sober and A+++ with drugs?
Star Wars Holiday Special (Full movie)

giphy.gif
star-wars-holiday-special-19-harvey-has-a-head-for-alcohol-123wtf-saint-pauly.gif
768ca507f42271ac069b9e5d38733b01.gif

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
So I posted this because it's the weirdest fucking movie I've ever seen, and I'm curious if anyone else has seen this before. I definitely was not a fan of the movie, but it's so godamn crazy that its worth a watch for that reason. The last thing I remember is from it was some guy in a field, shitting on a hot plate and taking a fat bong rip off of it. wtf

I heard about this movie because of a music video that uses clips from it:

edit: some NSFW full-frontal in this music video, btw
Some serious ninja wizardry happening.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
Jodorowsky's movies are fucking amazing. This one is actually still quite poignant with its message which, if I remember correctly from way back when, is to not rely on media to tell you what is good or how to be good; make up your own fucking mind because everything that they tell you is all fake anyways.

The Dune documentary is one of my favorite documentaries. His vision for how to put an almost unfilmable book onto film could have been the end all be all for that story

edit: also seeing him talk about his movies and film making is such a breathe of fresh air. He absolutely loves the craft and trying to push boundaries to make everything more expansive

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database