The House with a Clock in Its Walls (2018)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
2.00 star(s) Rating: 2.00/5 2 Votes
Title: The House with a Clock in Its Walls (2018)

Tagline: This house knows what makes you tick

Genre: Horror, Fantasy, Science Fiction, Thriller, Family, Mystery

Director: Eli Roth

Cast: Owen Vaccaro, Jack Black, Cate Blanchett, Kyle MacLachlan, Colleen Camp, Sunny Suljic, Renée Elise Goldsberry, Braxton Bjerken, Lorenza Izzo, Perla Middleton, Charles Green, Alli Beckman, Demetri Landell, Ricky Muse, Van Marten, Jalyn Hall, Aaron Beelner, Chris Adams, Vanessa Anne Williams, Dylan Gage Moore, Anela Terzic, Garrett Strobl, Caleb Lawrence, Jack Giles IV, Eli Roth

Release: 2018-09-15

Runtime: 105

Plot: Ten-year-old Lewis goes to live with his uncle in a creaky old house that contains a mysterious ticktock noise. When Lewis accidentally awakens the dead, the town's sleepy facade magically springs to life with a secret world of witches and warlocks.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Saw it yesterday. It was pretty enjoyable for what is essentially a kids movie. There was a lot less magic in it than I had expected. Knowing nothing about the source material, I didn't really know where it was going for almost half the movie, and I liked that. Jack Black and Cate Blanchette were both great. Good use of one of my AMC A-lists for the week for sure.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Saw it yesterday. It was pretty enjoyable for what is essentially a kids movie. There was a lot less magic in it than I had expected. Knowing nothing about the source material, I didn't really know where it was going for almost half the movie, and I liked that. Jack Black and Cate Blanchette were both great. Good use of one of my AMC A-lists for the week for sure.

I decided to see it today since I didn't have anything to do this afternoon. I knew nothing about it really but it looked neat. Actually made me laugh a couple times and was worth it. I thought Jack Black did a good job and the kid did a great one as well.

spronk

FPS noob
if you have A-List I'd see the IMAX version, Thriller 3D (yeah, Michael Jackson's) plays before it for 15 mins and that might be kinda cool to see in 3D. I have no idea why the two items are paired though

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Saw it yesterday because the GF wanted to watch it. It was alright, not stellar. I would have been fine waiting for video/streaming instead of watching it at the theater. Kyle MacLachlin's character was way underused for being the big bad.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, took my kids to see it, nothing special but not bad either. Just a very middle of the road movie. If you know someone who wants to see it, meh, it's fine.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
My 9 year old started crying when the chick shapeshifter, then when they showed the demon I thought she was going to have a panic attack. Other than that, only slightly creepy for the kids. I actually really liked it. I thought Jack Black was great.

spronk

FPS noob
saw this alone today in IMAX, wasn't terrible but wasn't memorable in any way. The 3D IMAX Thriller that played first was fantastic. Only reason to see the actual movie is with kids 5-15 years old, its pretty dull for any adult.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database