The Killer

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Got a lukewarm recommend from Drinker. He took the 50/50 stance on it and pointed out it subverted tropes of the genre.

Subverting tropes just isn't enough to get me to check it out based on the rest of the criticism the movie received. But if you have nothing to watch, you can subvert expectations with this one.

Last edited:

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Probably better off finding this on cable and watching it. Same name. Incredible movie.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sliverstorm

Trakanon Raider
If you like procedural-type thrillers (Blue Ruin/Green Room, No Country For Old Men, Sicario, Season 1 of Dexter, other Fincher movies) for the procedural/suspense elements specifically, you will enjoy this immensely. Beautifully shot with an amazing Michael Fassbender--was exactly what I was hoping for.

If you like all the above movies I listed because of the complex plots or deep emotions they left you feeling by the end and are expecting the same here, you will probably enjoy this less.

It's not quite in the top half of Fincher's filmography, but when you look at his filmography it's just stupidly good movies top to bottom, so still a solid 8/10 for me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Boring. Pointless. Tedious. Monotonous. Actually all of that and AWFUL too.

World's greatest hitman/he is "no one" and he is actually really bad at his job. Really REALLY bad... But not worse at his job than the director/writer of this film.

What a complete waste of film, frequent flier miles, destinations, The Smith's music (which seems to be showing up in a LOT of movies these days).

This movie was SHE-ITE!

Last edited:
  • 1Neguchet
Reactions: 1 user