The Last Dance

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Last Dance

Genre: Documentary

First aired: 2020-04-20

Overview: A 10-part documentary chronicling the untold story of Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls dynasty with rare, never-before-seen footage and sound from the 1997-98 championship season – plus over 100 interviews with famous figures and basketball’s biggest names.

Sterling

El Presidente
Didn't really feel like there was anything particularly new in the first 2 episodes. I do like how they refer to Obama as former Chicago resident though.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
First two episodes definitely felt like a draw for the less than hardcore fans which is fine with me.

As someone who grew up in Chicago and was 12/13/14 during this second three-peat, this definitely hits all the feels for me. Whenever it starts to get warm in June, I still get nostalgic for those NBA Finals summer nights where we'd all gather in someone's house to watch the game and afterwards all of us kids would go out and play basketball with a spotlight setup if it was too dark. Championship games were like a neighborhood gathering and fireworks would go off like it was 4th of July. I was too young to care/understand a lot of the front office stuff (except to know that everybody did hate Jerry Krause), so it's interesting to get some perspective into that again.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Didn't really feel like there was anything particularly new in the first 2 episodes. I do like how they refer to Obama as former Chicago resident though.

Bill Clinton as Former Governor of Arkansas was pretty great as well.

• 1Worf

Sterling

El Presidente
I have forgotten all about Pippens contract being horrible.
It wasn't when he signed it. He just signed for 7 years in an era where league revenue was exploding. If he had signed for 3 or 4 years he could have signed again for a lot more. But he chose security over flexibility.

• 1Solidarity

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Love this documentary so far.

I grew up in Chicago in 1990s so I was fully immersed in that whole circus for almost a decade. I remember buying 20 copies of Chicago Sun-Times and Chicago Tribune the morning after they finished the season 72-10. Like Falstaff, was too young and didnt care to understand all the front office maneuvering so these interviews and recollections are really interesting to see.

• 1Solidarity

LiquidDeath

In the last two hours Sonarr just popped up all the way through episode 8. Looks like someone got a hold of them early somehow. Available at the usual places.

LiquidDeath

Update: quality is pretty sketchy. These are workprints. The audio isn't normalized, the time-stamp is in the corner. It is pretty rough.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
I loved the first episode. I was big into watching NBA during that time frame and my father was a boss, recording the playoff games for me.

Nostalgia trip deluxe.

• 1Like

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Rodman leaving a game with a beer in his hand, then speeding off on a motorcycle with no helmet on is A++ BDE.

• 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Welp this is fantastic do far.

Is it weird that I don't follow any sports but I love sports documentaries and movies?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm the same way. Watching sports isn't something I find very compelling outside of playoffs where there is something actually at stake. Stories about sports and athletes though, those I do find compelling.

The only exception to this is golf. Mostly because I golf a lot, but also because every tournament is a self contained story that could actually be life changing for the winner.

• 1Like

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Pretty much the same. I like and watch big international sporting events like the World Cup and Olympics etc but I don't really follow any local teams these days or watch it on TV unless it's on in the pub.

I love shit like 30 for 30, it's a real insight into sports you'd never dream of watching.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database