The Last of the Mohicans (1992)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Votes
Title: The Last of the Mohicans (1992)

Tagline: The first American hero.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Drama, History, Romance, War

Director: Michael Mann

Cast: Daniel Day-Lewis, Madeleine Stowe, Russell Means, Eric Schweig, Jodhi May, Steven Waddington, Wes Studi, Maurice Roeves, Patrice Chéreau, Edward Blatchford, Terry Kinney, Tracey Ellis, Justin M. Rice, Dennis Banks, Pete Postlethwaite, Colm Meaney, Mac Andrews, Malcolm Storry, David Schofield, Eric D. Sandgren, Mike Phillips, Mark A. Baker, Dylan Baker, Tim Hopper, Gregory Zaragoza, Scott Means, William J. Bozic Jr., Patrick Fitzgerald, Mark Joy, Steve Keator, Don Tilley, Thomas E. Cummings, David Farrow, Ethan James Fugate, F. Curtis Gaston, Eric A. Hurley, Jared Harris, Michael Flannery, Tom McGowan, Alice Papineau, Mark J. Maracle, Clark Heathcliffe, Sebastian Roché, Joe Finnegan, Sheila Adams Barnhill, Ron Blake, John Harrington Bland, Bill Chemerka, Payton Dunham, Benton Jennings, Trenton McDevitt, Brent Ponder

Release: 1992-09-25

Runtime: 112

Plot: As the British and French soldiers battle for control of the American colonies in the 18th century, the settlers and native Americans are forced to take sides. Cora and her sister Alice unwittingly walk into trouble but are reluctantly saved by Hawkeye, an orphaned settler adopted by the last of the Mohicans.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The wife had never seen this. Watched it today. How the fuck did we go from these bad ass American colonists facing down every challenge thrown at them to the sad state we are in today?

Back to the movie. Really great film. The scenery is gorgeous. Wife freaked out with the ending, couldn't believe how it played out. If you haven't seen it, catch it on Amazon.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
The wife had never seen this. Watched it today. How the fuck did we go from these bad ass American colonists facing down every challenge thrown at them to the sad state we are in today?

Back to the movie. Really great film. The scenery is gorgeous. Wife freaked out with the ending, couldn't believe how it played out. If you haven't seen it, catch it on Amazon.

That's a good point. Truly wonderful movie.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finally an old movie I can get behind! Last 20 minutes of this are some of the best scenes ever. And yes, the music is amazing.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Daniel Day Lewis greatest actor of all time.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Finally an old movie I can get behind! Last 20 minutes of this are some of the best scenes ever. And yes, the music is amazing.
When the younger daughter does that stare at Magua when he extends his bloody hand and starts the turn toward the cliff my wife started tearing up. Of course, she also cries watching the Hallmark channel so there is that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Daniel Day Lewis greatest actor of all time.

He absolutely is. "Bill the Butcher" is, without a doubt, in my opinion, the single greatest character in any movie, and his work there is the epitome of acting. It's just perfect. He's fucking flawless. There just aren't words to describe how amazing he was. I love the movie, but I watch, and rewatch, and rewatch it just to watch his Bill the Butcher.

6be97709f5fc95e29b2e8f8d4169647a.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Funny this thread just popped up. Been thinking about rewatching this lately.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This and Gangs of New York are my two favorites with Daniel Day Lewis. Very few roles in Hollywood are reflective of such great performances. Heath Ledger was showing a close proximity to Daniel's acting skills with the Joker. The best actors are the ones that are known and yet hardly recognized in their roles.

• 1Like

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Long time favorite and easy rec to anyone who hasn't seen it. Pretty sure this was the first movie soundtrack I ever bought, too (on cassette, damn I'm old).

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Speaking of Daniel Day Lewis, someone mentioned in another thread "There will be blood". Man this dude has some amazing performances across multiple types of roles.

• 1Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Speaking of Daniel Day Lewis, someone mentioned in another thread "There will be blood". Man this dude has some amazing performances across multiple types of roles.
daniel day lewis GIF

I hesitate to say anyone is the "greatest living actor", given what that honorific entails. It is hard to argue that he doesn't deserve it, though.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database