The Leftovers

Goatface

2.00 star(s) Rating: 2.00/5 2 Votes
Title: The Leftovers

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Drama

First aired: 2014-06-29

Creator: Tom Perrotta, Damon Lindelof

Cast: Justin Theroux, Amy Brenneman, Christopher Eccleston, Margaret Qualley, Chris Zylka, Carrie Coon, Scott Glenn, Regina King, Jovan Adepo, Kevin Carroll

Overview: When 2% of the world's population abruptly disappears without explanation, the world struggles to understand just what they're supposed to do about it. The drama series 'The Leftovers' is the story of the people who didn't make the cut.

Goatface

[SERIES][TVPOSTER]View attachment 112265[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]The Leftovers[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Sci-Fi & Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2014-06-29[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]When 2% of the world's population abruptly disappears without explanation, the world struggles to understand just what they're supposed to do about it. The drama series 'The Leftovers' is the story of the people who didn't make the cut.

Based on the bestselling novel by Tom Perrotta, 'The Leftovers' follows Kevin Garvey, a father of two and the chief of police in a small New York suburb, as he tries to maintain some semblance of normalcy when the notion no longer applies. [/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Revolves around the Rapture and follows a group of people who are left behind in the suburban community of Mapleton. They must begin to rebuild their lives after the sudden and mysterious disappearance of more than 100 people.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
The first book was the only one I read, it was ok, not bad or anything, just not great either. I blame this book for the death of the book club, and I blame a_skeleton_03 for choosing it.

However, I think it could work great as a series.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
FROM EXECUTIVE PRODUCER DAMEN LINDELOF

nope, fuck that shit

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
lol Lindelof. aaaaaand fuck this
As per IMDB: Lindelof is a writer and producer, known for Lost (2004), Prometheus (2012) and Star Trek Into Darkness (2013)...

It's seldom that a single sentence contained all that I needed to know.

• 1Solidarity

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
As much as I agree with the Lindelof hate, my love of HBO is probably stronger. They don't make too much stuff that sucks. Granted, with Lindelof aboard, this could be another John From Cincinnati.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So all the people who disappear, are they just on the island? And the people in white are the Dharma Initiative?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
No. Stop. I'm trying to not go there! FUCK!@#%

khalid

Unelected Mod
Good concept for the series but the book had lots of problems. If they just take the concept and put good writers on it, might be interesting.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I blame this book for the death of the book club, and I blame a_skeleton_03 for choosing it.
The book club was killed by abunch of people voting for a Tesla book to win and then never reading it. Makes no sense to blame this book, which people actually read.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm canceling my HBO as soon as GoT season ends because I don't want to witness this abomination.

• 1Picard

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Meh. The pilot tried really hard to create tension and overall I just found it kind of boring. I'll probably keep watching simply because there isn't anything else and I'm not going to watch True Blood.

This does seem like a premise Lindelof can maybe work with. Unexplained phenomenon we never get an answer to and just a bunch of character development wrapped around it. I thought this first episode was acted well, for whatever that is worth.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database