The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's time for a separate thread for this game especially since it comes out on Friday.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Hunkering down for 5 minutes waiting for a storm to pass doesn't sound that exciting to me, but they don't make it sound like a negative. Is there perhaps something more interesting to do in those 5 minutes when you're in the middle of your "final assault"?

Del

Vyemm Raider
I have no doubt that this is going to be a great game, but that video is pretty worrying. You get the choice of playing the game with fps drops to 15-20 fps or playing it in handheld mode with arguably worse graphics than 1st gen Xbox 360 games. I hope the Wii U version hasn't been neglected...

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I have no doubt that this is going to be a great game, but that video is pretty worrying. You get the choice of playing the game with fps drops to 15-20 fps or playing it in handheld mode with arguably worse graphics than 1st gen Xbox 360 games. I hope the Wii U version hasn't been neglected...
Of course it has.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Only thing I've heard about the Wii U version is it has some framerate issues during big weather effects, outside of that it was fine. Seeing as how the Switch docked version has frame issues as well, I'm not too sure how good the port is for that system either.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Only thing I've heard about the Wii U version is it has some framerate issues during big weather effects, outside of that it was fine. Seeing as how the Switch docked version has frame issues as well, I'm not too sure how good the port is for that system either.

So you're saying they built it natively for a PS4 then ported it to the Wii U AND Switch?

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
What i want to know is how you let your flagship franchise that's completely built for ONLY your consoles have framerate issues? I get when people say Nintendo shouldn't compete on a hardware level with Sony and Microsoft, but when your hardware effects your own first party games then it isn't good enough, plain and simple.

• 1Like

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
What i want to know is how you let your flagship franchise that's completely built for ONLY your consoles have framerate issues? I get when people say Nintendo shouldn't compete on a hardware level with Sony and Microsoft, but when your hardware effects your own first party games then it isn't good enough, plain and simple.

Probably because it wasn't built on that hardware I'd imagine.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Because it wasn't built for that platform and Nintendo moronically advertises the Switch as a console, and not the portable with a TV out cable it really is.

And yet fanboys still think the Switch will get anything other than Nintendo's own titles, indie digital games, and tiny budget Japanese RPGs. (Well, MonHun too, I suppose.)

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Because it wasn't built for that platform and Nintendo moronically advertises the Switch as a console, and not the portable with a TV out cable it really is.

And yet fanboys still think the Switch will get anything other than Nintendo's own titles, indie digital games, and tiny budget Japanese RPGs. (Well, MonHun too, I suppose.)

and im 100 percent fine with that, imma be playing zelda, Mario Kart and SPlatoon in my bed when my insomnia hits. worth the 400-500 ill pay for it!

I have a ps4 and a PC for other games

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider

Because they aren't ready to announce it's replacing the 3DS yet. 3DS still has software coming out this year they want to sell, but it's harder and harder to find 3DS in stores these days. I think they are quietly phasing them out.

spronk

FPS noob
Gonna have zero regrets pirating the wii u version if this stuff turns out to be true/final:

In french here.
Rough translation courtesy of Coffinhal:

Strictly talking about the tutorial area :
Strong aliasing
Worse sharpness
Serious framerate drops
Visual issues with cutscenes and when getting out of the inventory
Too many actions (using a power+rotating the camera = "framerate death")
5 sec loading time when you get back to the Home menu
He installed every patch available
The plateau on Switch is bad framerate related and it gets better after, but in the plateau it's nowhere near what the Wii U version is

• 1Solidarity

Siliconemelons

is that saying the things that are worse on the wiiu vs the switch version?

as for the switch they just need to patch it to be 720p even docked and I bet it will be good

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
is that saying the things that are worse on the wiiu vs the switch version?
Yes. Which greatly contradicts what the Edge review said.

Guess it doesn't really matter though. Like spronk I'll be grabbing it from uTik to play on the Wii U and there's no way in hell I'm buying a Switch for a very long time. If Atlus makes all their JRPGs multiplat since the UI issues of going from dual-screen 3DS to normal consoles/PCs won't be an issue, I may never buy one. So either it's playable or it's not, no real loss either way.

spronk

FPS noob
some german dude got a retail copy of the game and has been playing, in addition to a french guy
BOTW AMA wiiu • r/zelda

tl;dr: game runs great, graphics look good. gamepad is completely neutered, no map or anything (like old E3 shots) you can play on the gamepad or its pretty much useless.

No firmware update was required, still running the game on 5.5.1E (European) which is good news for anyone running jailbroke wii u. obviously works fine on wii u pro controller, which is what he is playing on.

4QBu1xT.jpg

• 1Solidarity

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Dunno if it works, but you can download it through uTik EUR region.

Edit: Installed fine, loaded up and saw the title screen only to have the Wii U whitescreen pop up and say "you must perform a system update to play The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild".

Last edited: