The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part (2019)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part (2019)

Genre: Action, Adventure, Animation, Comedy, Family

Director: Mike Mitchell, Trisha Gum

Cast: Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Banks, Will Arnett, Tiffany Haddish, Stephanie Beatriz, Arturo Castro, Channing Tatum, Jonah Hill, Alison Brie, Nick Offerman, Charlie Day

Release: 2019-02-07

Plot: It's been five years since everything was awesome and the citizens are facing a huge new threat: LEGO DUPLO® invaders from outer space, wrecking everything faster than they can rebuild.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
was lego batman any good? i watched a bit of it and fell asleep, figured i just wasn't in the right mood but I really loved the lego movie

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
lego batman is a different kind of film. the lego movie has some cool adult nostalgia themes, while lego batman doesn't really. as a kids movie they are both great but it doesn't have the same kind of draw that lego movie has for adults.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Lego Batman bored me. But my daughter loved it. So I don't know. It didn't have the OST that the Lego movie did, nor did I care about the characters nearly as much. One of the things I liked about the first movie so much was hearing a voice going "Oh shit, I know who that is!"

Little Annie from Community as the (enraged) sparkle unicorn was fucking awesome.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Comes out next month, and taking my 6yo son for sure as he loved the first. The first was actually quite a good movie, with a nice meta theme - and something that was a bit of an issue between my son and myself. I have quite a large Lego collection, and his idea of playing with them is... smashing them all up. Helped give me a kick in the head to unpucker my ass a bit for my little budding engineer. He loves building stuff, but he wants to CREATE stuff, not always stick to the directions. Anyway, enough Dear Diary - if you haven't seen the first with your kid, go buy it.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
This movie really came together in the last 30 minutes, but it was like watching a fever dream. The first hour was almost like a runaway train with only the slightest direction. I remember the first being way more focused than this one. Also, first one was much much funnier throughout.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Finally watched this last night and quite liked it. It really deserved to do better at the box office.

I also lost it at 'Oh My God you people are terrible at communicating'

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I don't think I even cracked a smile watching this one. A bunch of "OK I guess that could be considered funny...?" Just really boring, contrived, forced plot with some really random shit just for the sake of being random. I gave the first one 4/5, this one barely earns a 2/5.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database