The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (2004)

Szlia

This thread is not really in the spirit of the movie ! :D But yeah this is an amazing film for many reasons. The David Bowie songs (in portuguese and with guitar only) have been mentioned, but the score by Mark Mothersbaugh that alternates between minimalist electronic and orchestral versions of the themes is also awesome.

Probably my favorite Wes Anderson movie along with The Darjeeling Limited. Close behind are Rushmore, Fantastic Mister Fox, The Royal Tenenbaums and Moonrise Kingdom.

Siliconemelons

Never got this movie, no matter how much I read about it and tried to watch it... just...never...can get into it.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Never got this movie, no matter how much I read about it and tried to watch it... just...never...can get into it.
I started to watch it last week when family was visiting. Quickly learned it was not something that would be universally enjoyed and decided to give it another shot at a later date. I can see the potential, but it's unlikely to ever be something that my "NCIS is the pinnacle of television" relatives will appreciate.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Easily my favorite Wes Anderson film. I've always linked it to my interest in Jacque Cousteau film. My 7/8th grade science teacher would give us the fuck off by putting on reel2reel Jacque Cousteau films and I fucking loved it.

jacques-costeau-001.jpg

Last edited:

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I'm in the same boat.

I have tried watching this movie and Moonrise Kingdom when they came out and I didnt care for either of them. I didnt hate them (like the Dungeons & Dragons movie, or GoT S8) but I just couldn't find any fucks to give about the characters.

Ended up just writing off Wes Anderson films altogether, as I think it's the story telling and film style that I don't care for.