The Lion King (2019)

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 1 Votes
Title: The Lion King (2019)

Genre: Adventure, Animation, Family

Director: Jon Favreau

Cast: Donald Glover, Beyoncé Knowles, James Earl Jones, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Alfre Woodard, John Oliver, John Kani, Seth Rogen, Billy Eichner, Eric André, Florence Kasumba, Keegan-Michael Key, JD McCrary, Shahadi Wright Joseph

Release: 2019-07-17

Plot: Simba idolises his father, King Mufasa, and takes to heart his own royal destiny. But not everyone in the kingdom celebrates the new cub’s arrival. Scar, Mufasa’s brother—and former heir to the throne—has plans of his own. The battle for Pride Rock is ravaged with betrayal, tragedy and drama, ultimately resulting in Simba’s exile. With help from a curious pair of newfound friends, Simba will have to figure out how to grow up and take back what is rightfully his.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Well I’ll say the CGI is amazing.

But this literally looks like a shot for shot remake...so what’s the point?

Cast seems great but there isn’t no way they can live up to the original which is a legit top 5 Disney film.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Attend slaves, and give homage to the dude who might be eating you in a couple years.

• 2Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'd rather just rewatch the animated version. Or wait for the inevitable mash up of the new CGI version with the previous voice actors.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
John Oliver? Eric Andre? The fuck is this garbage?

• 5Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Beauty and the Beast is as good or better than the animated version, this could be similar. Jungle book did talking animals well and it's same director (Jon Favreau) : Iron Man, Elf

This will make billions easily. Going to pass Beauty and the Beast guaranteed.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
The CGI Jungle Book was not good and headache inducing, this doesn't look much better. Animals are still deep in the Uncanny Valley. Only thing going for it is James Earl Jones. Now if I read tomorrow that Whoopi, Cheech, and Nathan Lane were coming back I may change my mind.

Just IMDB'd the cast... nope!

Now all that said, I know I'll be watching right alongside my kiddos.

• 1Dislike

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The CGI Jungle Book was not good and headache inducing, this doesn't look much better. Animals are still deep in the Uncanny Valley. Only thing going for it is James Earl Jones. Now if I read tomorrow that Whoopi, Cheech, and Nathan Lane were coming back I may change my mind.

Just IMDB'd the cast... nope!

Now all that said, I know I'll be watching right alongside my kiddos.
That's where they get you. It's hard to explain "principles" and "voting with your wallet" to a pre-teen lol

Siliconemelons

Beauty and the Beast is as good or better than the animated version,

The hell? Fuck that no "Marie the baguettes" black people and fags in that time period France bullshit remake with no-tits Mcgee femanatzi.

Next you will say FF8 is the best and Cerci is not a villan.

• 2Worf

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
The hell? Fuck that no "Marie the baguettes" black people and fags in that time period France bullshit remake with no-tits Mcgee femanatzi.

Next you will say FF8 is the best and Cerci is not a villan.

I do love the original animated version and prefer that Belle to Emma Watson but after watching the live action version about 20 times now due to the kids, it's grown on me and has some of its own unique charm. Both are great in my book

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
GreedyLateEyra-small.gif

• 2Solidarity

Randin

Trakanon Raider
And they aren't selling you a CGI antelope for $10,000 to fund development of the movie.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I'm fine with remakes doing it this way. Far better than the alternative of doing a remake ala Ghostbusters and Oceans movie of just making a terrible script and throwing in the opposite gender and the claiming immunity to negative reviews because sexism.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database