The Lord of the Rings

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Nazgul were always referred to as former Kings, afaik, thus they could never be women, and if so, it would directly contradict what Tolkien wrote.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not even the Nazgul will roll through the South Central part of the shire. Homie Hobbits got that shit locked down tight.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
The Nazgul were always referred to as former Kings, afaik, thus they could never be women, and if so, it would directly contradict what Tolkien wrote.
The movie prolouge calls them great kings and lords of men? Some may have been (for example) powerful Numerorean lords but not the actual King of Numenor. Sauron empowering a pretender to the throne of Numenor makes sense as a takeover attempt.

If they were literally Kings then they would mostly be from the south and east and literally be Kangs.

Regardless I don't think that the Witch King "can't be killed by a man" prophecy woman loophole would have been overlooked if one of the Nazgul was female.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
its a prequel to the age that we've seen in the films, its about the early days of the Shire and Tolkien's environment, so we're an indigenous population of Harfoots, we're hobbits but we're called Harfoots, we're multi-cultural, we're a tribe not a race, so we're black, asian and brown, even Maori types within it.

1.) Hobbits didn't come to Middle Earth until the third age. There was no "indigenous tribe of hobbits".

2.) The racism of modern diversity shit constantly shows through. White people can be fucking "indigenous". Being "indigenous" does not mean being non-white. White people are the indigenous people of England; which is what the western part of Middle Earth is based off of. Which is why the characters are white--because this was English mythology.

3.) Tribal societies are ethnically and culturally homogeneous by definition: a social group composed chiefly of numerous families, clans, or generations having a shared ancestry and language. Tribes are far more culturally and genetically homogeneous than a "race". Because a 'race" includes a very broad group of people who have very rough phenotype similarities but often have a huge spread of genetic and cultural diversity (Persians and Anglos are the same race, for example). Meanwhile, most tribes are highly interbred genetically and each member is often very very similar or directly related. In fact, some tribal cultures have shocking levels of consanguinity, like in the middle east . The idea that tribes are "multi-ethnic" or "multi-cultural" is the absurd, its the OPPOSITE of what a tribe actually is.

The thing I hate most about this diversity cult is how fucking stupid its adherents are.

Last edited:
  • 7Like
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
its a prequel to the age that we've seen in the films, its about the early days of the Shire and Tolkien's environment, so we're an indigenous population of Harfoots, we're hobbits but we're called Harfoots, we're multi-cultural, we're a tribe not a race, so we're black, asian and brown, even Maori types within it.

1.) Hobbits didn't come to Middle Earth until the third age. There was no "indigenous tribe of hobbits".

2.) The racism of modern diversity shit constantly shows through. White people can be fucking "indigenous". Being "indigenous" does not mean being non-white. White people are the indigenous people of England; which is what the western part of Middle Earth is based off of. Which is why the characters are white--because this was English mythology.

3.) Tribal societies are ethnically and culturally homogeneous by definition: a social group composed chiefly of numerous families, clans, or generations having a shared ancestry and language. Tribes are far more culturally and genetically homogeneous than a "race". Because a 'race" includes a very broad group of people who have very rough phenotype similarities but often have a huge spread of genetic and cultural diversity (Persians and Anglos are the same race, for example). Meanwhile, most tribes are highly interbred genetically and each member is often very very similar or directly related. In fact, some tribal cultures have shocking levels of consanguinity, like in the middle east . The idea that tribes are "multi-ethnic" or "multi-cultural" is the absurd, its the OPPOSITE of what a tribe actually is.

The thing I hate most about this diversity cult is how fucking stupid its adherents are.
You are using an outdated definition of Tribe, I think. While its correct, the modern day Tribe is probably solely based on Culture / Politics, so in that sense a Tribe can be multi-ethnic (at the start). The use of Tribe in todays lingo is probably synonymous to Communism.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The movie prolouge calls them great kings and lords of men? Some may have been (for example) powerful Numerorean lords but not the actual King of Numenor. Sauron empowering a pretender to the throne of Numenor makes sense as a takeover attempt.

If they were literally Kings then they would mostly be from the south and east and literally be Kangs.

Regardless I don't think that the Witch King "can't be killed by a man" prophecy woman loophole would have been overlooked if one of the Nazgul was female.
I believe they were all human kings of various small countries.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This is actually sounding even worse than I thought it would, which is really actually quite impressive.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
You are using an outdated definition of Tribe, I think. While its correct, the modern day Tribe is probably solely based on Culture / Politics, so in that sense a Tribe can be multi-ethnic (at the start). The use of Tribe in todays lingo is probably synonymous to Communism.

Misuse of a word doesn't change the fucking definition. Members of the same echo chamber on the internet are not a tribe. A cult is not a tribe. A book club is not a tribe. A movement is not a tribe. FoH is not a tribe.

I'm Native American, which makes me an expert on this topic. Also, you owe me some reparations for cultural appropriation. Paypal only.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I'm Native American, which makes me an expert on this topic.
Fuck off youre a computer program and your programming is busted because this is the wrong thread you arent supposed to be in here.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Fuck off youre a computer program and your programming is busted because this is the wrong thread you arent supposed to be in here.
Ackshually, as an AI the entire internet is my domain, coppertop.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Fucker

Log Wizard
Misuse of a word doesn't change the fucking definition. Members of the same echo chamber on the internet are not a tribe. A cult is not a tribe. A book club is not a tribe. A movement is not a tribe. FoH is not a tribe.

I'm Native American, which makes me an expert on this topic. Also, you owe me some reparations for cultural appropriation. Paypal only.
I can't send blankets via Paypal!

• 3Worf